When Brooklinen was founded five years ago, our co-founders set out to deliver beautiful & ridiculously comfortable home essentials that dont cost an arm & a leg. We have since delivered our products to over 500,000 customers across the globe (with 40,000 5-star reviews!) & are passionate around exploring new ways to grow our brand & make the world a more comfortable place.
This is why were so excited to open a Manager of Business Development role to join our team in Brooklyn! In this role, reporting to our Director of Finance, youll build our hospitality, gifting, & partnerships business from the ground up.
Youre the perfect person for this role if youre passionate around boosting brand awareness, thrive on developing relationships, & are curious to explore any & all ways to grow our brand.
What youll do
- Develop relationships with prospective clients, while maintaining existing client relationships
- Negotiate contract terms with clients & communicate terms to stakeholders (both internal & external)
- Partner with both the Product Development & Finance teams to create contract-winning proposals for clients
- Close deals through expert relationship management & achieve quarterly revenue forecasts
- Use Excel to price deals, forecast businesses, perform margin analysis & report on business performance
- Become a subject matter expert on our business products, processes & operations, & remain up-to-date on industry news
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly & annual business performance updates (using both Excel & PowerPoint), that allows management to review results & any potential changes to the forecasts
- Collaborate with Product Development & Operations teams to ensure contracted product specifications are executed on-time & as agreed
- Be highly involved in inventory management by communicating with the Inventory Planning team on your prospective inventory needs to close deals & maintain client relationships
- Implement a seamless process where potential customers can request samples by working with eComm to create a front-end hospitality website
What were looking for
- Undergraduate degree
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in sales, business, or FP&A finance -- with 2+ years in business development
- Proficient in Excel & Powerpoint
- Must have strong business acumen
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, & passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job & so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs & hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (weve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, & obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. Were growing rapidly, so weve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects & business needs pop up every single day, & we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff youd expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning & development, fun team outings, & much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - were passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community & creating an environment where our differences are celebrated.We welcome people across backgrounds, perspectives, identities, experiences, & abilities & cant wait to read your application!
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, & anything that doesnt add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics & bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 40,000+ 5-star reviews & been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ & more.