As a Director of Engineering at Compass, you will lead engineering teams to build state of the art technology that empowers people to make smarter real estate decisions. You will work closely with leaders & team members across product, design, marketing, business, & real estate agents throughout all stages of the technology development cycle.
An engineering leader at Compass is respected by colleagues for your deep technical contributions to the industry, your ability to inspire & attract key talent, your passion for customers & the impact of your work, & your ability to deliver large scale engineering solutions with quality. You will be responsible for leading engineering teams to build industry-defining services & products, leveraging modern cloud technology, data & AI technologies, setting long term technical vision, & creating a culture of quality & continuous improvement.
At Compass You Will:
- Provide technical leadership to build, develop & scale our platform that powers real estate agents, buyers & sellers
- Identify business opportunities & define technical vision for your team & the company
- Be a domain expert on real estate technology & products & an empathetic partner to our customers
- Inspire, recruit & mentor a team of high performing engineers
- Develop a scalable engineering culture for hundreds of top talent engineers by leveraging modern principles of decoupled systems & automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies
What We Look For:
- Proven track record of building top talent & high performance teams, directing multiple teams & engineering managers
- Experience managing large scale systems in rapid growth environments
- Experience with modern web frameworks (e.g. Go/React), distributed computing (e.g. Spark), public cloud platforms (e.g. AWS) & data pipelines
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration & delivery
- Leadership on multiple well-known products throughout their life cycles, from idea conception to product release & maintenance
- Proven success in working with product, marketing, business, & operations divisions
- Examples of engineers for whom youve guided their technical & career progress
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience, MS/PhD preferred
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together & inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
Check out our Engineering blog!