BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is looking for a newsletter strategist & editor who can contribute to the editorial & business operations of BuzzFeed-owned brands.
The ideal candidate will be expected to develop a clear & consistent brand voice for BuzzFeed-owned branded newsletters as well as execute on acquisition & revenue growth strategies.
- Manage email operations for BuzzFeed-owned newsletters, including execution of sponsored packages & project management of various newsletter initiatives in the pipeline
- Follow newsletter teams best practices & meet our editorial standards by tailoring brand voice & messaging to fit various targeted newsletter personas
- Work cross-functionally to increase revenue across BuzzFeed-owned branded newsletters through ideation, vendor management, & other strategic initiatives
- Minimum of two to three years of experience working in any of the following: digital media, content strategy & copywriting, audience development, newsletters, & / or programmatic sales
- Ability to copywrite & tailor messaging, in an entertaining & descriptive way, thats authentic to the voice of BuzzFeed-owned brands
- Comfort with numbers, plus ability to leverage data to deduce trends, make recommendations, & lead insight-driven growth
- Previous experience with affiliate & / or Sailthru is a big plus!
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.