At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for a proven marketing leader to run all local marketing efforts in Toronto. In this role you will be responsible for planning, building & executing integrated marketing plans for the region as well as serve as a local expert. This role requires an all-around marketing athlete as youll have a broad range of responsibilities. These include anything from negotiating & executing major event partnerships to uncovering local consumer insights to creating a local driver acquisition strategy & everything in-between.
You should be a strategic thinker thats just as comfortable rolling up your sleeves & getting your hands dirty as you are wading through & analyzing data. You need to be a self-starter that requires little direction as you will be part of a small, on-the ground team. An entrepreneurial mindset is crucial in this role--you will be testing, iterating & creating best practices at lightning speed in order to move the needle on your market. This role will own all aspects of local marketing, so candidates skilled in building relationships, & with partnership, events, & guerilla marketing experience are appreciated. As a Local Marketing Manager you will report to the Senior Manager of Regional Marketing.
- Achieve aggressive rider acquisition, ride & brand growth goals
- Help define Toronto's brand strategy with an emphasis on civic integration & values
- Develop integrated marketing plans in line with national brand strategy
- Spearhead & create local programs, activations, & partnerships
- Build relationships with government, brand, nonprofit, business, & other community leaders
- Uncover local rider, driver & market insights
- Coordinate & lead efforts with cross-functional business partners, fellow local marketing managers, & counterparts on the centralized marketing team
- Lead & develop regional marketing team with direct reports in multiple cities
- Test, learn & evolve the practice of local marketing at Lyft through scalable efforts
- Establish best practices & write playbooks to support
- 7+ years of marketing experience
- Entrepreneurial self-starter: you can build something out of nothing w/minimal oversight
- Strategic thinker & strong execution skills
- Analytical mindset: you are a data-driven problem solver
- Experience working for or with nonprofits a plus
- Cross-functional collaborator: youll need to influence & collaborate from afar
- Management experience
- Deep city knowledge & network
- Passion for Lyft & changing the world
- Extended health & dental coverage options
- In addition to provincial observed holidays, team members get 15 days paid time off, with an additional day for each year of service
- 4 Floating Holidays each calendar year
- Retirement Savings Plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.