At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for a Senior Special Operations Associate to join our team. In this role, you will provide hands-on support working on high-impact, cross-functional solutions to create the best experience possible for our drivers & riders. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, like tackling aggressive goals, & want to be part of the next big thing at Lyft, we would love to meet you!
This role requires a roll-up-your-sleeves mindset & willingness to support wherever needed. One day you may be working to reduce congestion at airport terminals, & the next you may be helping to host an event on the ground.
- Provide on the ground support & manage vendor relationships to successfully execute various initiatives that will drive local impact.
- Plan, budget, launch, & manage operational initiatives for the local market. This includes owning the operational side of large events & venues, special projects, key partnerships, & managing day-to-day communications with external stakeholders.
- Work cross-functionally with a variety of internal partners - managing laterally is a critical part of this role.
- Analyze qualitative & quantitative operational data using spreadsheets & other analytical tools to make data-driven decisions.
- Deep dive into the data to gather insights in order to help identify root causes & recommend solutions.
- Implement & support growth initiatives in the market, such as new launches & pilots.
- Uphold the Lyft standard of service while working with drivers, external partners, & cross-functional teams.
- Roll up your sleeves & get stuff done. No one can be counted on to execute faster or better than you.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Strong problem solver: You effectively, creatively, & quickly solve complex problems
- Excellent time management: You are able to prioritize multiple competing tasks & projects by assessing urgency & importance
- Always a team player: You're positive, optimistic, & willing to help out wherever needed
- Self-directed & organized: You have a bias for action while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to take direction & feedback, as well as ask for support in order to successfully carry out tasks & see projects to completion
- Strong oral & written communication skills, & extreme attention to detail
- Proficient with tools such as Slack, G Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc) & Excel
- Basic SQL skills is a huge plus, but not required
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.