WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data & technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster & smarter, & ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings. Our state of the art technologies & dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to opening two office locations every day.
The mission of Real Estate & Development Technology (RedTech) is to enable our teams across real estate, architecture, design, construction, & project management with the most up to date technology. Our technology allows for a better ability to source new deals, close those deals, design & build more efficiently, & manage the construction process end to end. We're supporting the core business here in RedTech & would love to have you on the team!
- Actively partner with product, design, & peer engineering leads & managers.
- Act as a systems designer, leading designs of major software components, systems, & features owned by the team.
- Represent a squad & be a go-to person for a large area of technical expertise.
- Set & drive OKRs, & drive sprints for a squad given strategic or functional direction.
- Utilize design, coding patterns, tools & frameworks & methods to facilitate in effectively meeting the team sprint objectives & the overall quarterly team objectives.
- Minimum 9+ years of experience building highly available critical systems
- Experience in demonstrating architecture skills at a multi-system level
- Direct experience partnering with product management teams
- Proven experience developing web services using Java (Kotlin, Scala, Spring MVC, Spring Boot is a plus)
- Deep understanding of Amazon Web Services
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
Nice to Have
- Experience working with a people partner to lead a team of 5+
- Experience acting as an advocate for your team in the larger technology community
We are an elite team of passionate, fearless & collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
WeWork is an equal opportunity employer & value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.