At BARK, we are committed to building the most customer & dog-centric products & experiences that touch every aspect of your dog's life. We believe mealtime has been long overlooked & should be fun, tasty & personalized for your dog so we've launched a new food service at BARK focused on doing just that! We're assembling an entrepreneurial & talented team to run this new venture in the Columbus market, with a vision to expand rapidly by leveraging the relationships that BARK has built with customers all across the US. This is a ground floor opportunity to build the future of service when it comes to dogs & their meals.
We are on the hunt for an Operations Leader to join our team. You will join our BARK Eats leadership team & have responsibility for scaling our Columbus operation, setting the strategic direction for our multi-city fulfillment & logistics needs, driving investments in automation & strategic sourcing, & implementing operational improvements every day.
- Manage our first location in Columbus, OH
- Work with the leadership team to plan for fast growth & expansion within the Columbus market & future markets, from the 1ft & 10,000ft view
- Identify, plan & implement small & large scale automation equipment & processes to improve our fulfillment accuracy & efficiency while maintaining the ability to delivery personalization at scale
- Develop our delivery & logistics model to drive the best possible customer experience & relationships
- Develop forecasting models around supplies & labor to meet overall demand objectives
- Expense management/P&L Ownership as it relates to product distribution
- Ownership of safety & quality programs to ensure we are delivering the highest quality for our customers
- 10+ years management experience in a fulfillment, production or logistics environment
- Deep understanding & experience with using technology to improve customer & service experiences
- Strong desire to innovate in the fulfillment & logistics space, including interest or experience with last mile logistics, on-demand service and/or personalized fulfillment at scale
- Experience & examples of using performance metrics & process improvement
- Strong analytical, planning & modeling skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit: excited to pilot & pioneer new initiatives, eager to own responsibilities
- Strategic thinker & unmatched drive, with an openness to a variety of potential solutions
- Demonstrated analytical & quantitative skills & ability to use hard data & metrics to back up assumptions
- MUST LOVE DOGS & their people
BARK is a company building products, experiences, & entertainment for dogs & the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids & families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 50 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make dogs happier.
But what kind of company is BARK? It's a company that has gone to the dogs. We are committed to a culture that is open, inclusive, generous, & enthusiastic just like our pups. United by this dog-obsession, we embrace diversity of all stripes & spots. If your camera roll is 90% pictures of your dog, you belong here.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people crazy dog people believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.