What is Appian? Its a low-code application platform that lets business people build powerful enterprise web & mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code.
As a Senior Software Engineer on our Continuous Delivery Tribe, you will help build the next generation customer features of our core low-code application development platform that enable users to deploy Appian apps quickly & with ease - just as they are to build.
- You have 3+ years experience building & delivering software applications
- You possess excellent written/verbal communication & presentation skills
- Youre a tinkerer at heart with an innate ability to solve tough programming problems
- You hold a BS in Computer Science and/or equivalent years of experience writing code
- Agile is your mantra & quality is your goal
- You have no problem with OOP or functional programming
- Data structures & algorithms delight you; you thrive on solving labyrinthine problems within large, high-performance, real-time, distributed data systems
How Youll Contribute:
- In a small scrum team you will develop simple yet elegant solutions to complex technical problems
- Manage availability, latency, scalability, security & efficiency of data access within Appian by engineering reliability into software & systems
- Play an integral part in the design, architecture, standards & Agile methods for our web-based & mobile platform
- Automate functional testing as well as testing for performance & security
- Respond to & resolve emergent problems; write software & build automation to prevent problem recurrence
- Mentor other software engineers & perform code reviews
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.