We're looking for a Senior Manager, PR (International) to contribute to driving & executing the communications strategy in new & emerging markets, & on a global scale. The candidate must have experience managing agencies, driving media relations in multiple international markets, & a strong understanding of the global media landscape.
The Senior Manager, PR (International) will report directly to the Director of PR & will be based out of our headquarters in SoHo, NYC. The candidate must be open to international travel & able to manage prompt responsiveness across multiple time zones around the world.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Project Management + Cross-Functional Representation: Supporting the PR Director, serve as the International PR team lead on project managing ongoing priorities & new market launches to streamline various projects from ideation through to completion. Youll support cross-functional efforts, by representing the PR team in various meetings, partnering closely with teams across the company to manage cross-functional workflows.
- Agency Management + Media Relations: Lead on the development & implementation of localized international PR plans in partnership with the internal PR team as well as external PR agencies, to drive brand awareness in new & existing international markets & contribute to furthering the brand narratives through evergreen efforts that translate into earned media. You bring an existing network of journalist contacts from top outlets around the world, youll support PR agencies by advising on campaign strategies, & coach junior members of the team as you work together to build relationships with key media in multiple markets.
- Story Development + Pitch Ideation: Stay in touch with international trends & identify press opportunities while acting as an advisor to the broader PR team on what key moments we should be capitalizing on. Possess the ability to identify what trends will resonate in different markets & to build strong narratives & concepts that will drive earned media.
- Writing: Develop compelling written content by contributing to Q&As, statements, talking points, briefings, award nominations, & media pitches.
- Executive Support: Create & conduct media briefings for key company spokespeople, facilitate & staff interviews, & share read-outs & notes following for the teams visibility.
- Inbox Management: With support from the Manager & Associate, work with the Director of PR to guide timely & high-quality responses to all international facing inbound media requests.
- Rapid Response: Serve as primary support for the Director of PR on international crisis communications, flagging possible vulnerabilities & potential consequences, & maintaining a Crisis Communications protocol program (response systems, internal training, etc.).
- Goal Setting + Reporting: You contribute to setting (in collaboration with Manager & Director) monthly objectives for your markets with clear KPIs, working closely with the PR Associate to contribute to team- & company-wide reporting.
Who You Are:
- You have 6+ years of directly relevant experience, with a preference for both agency & in-house experience on a public relations / communications team.
- Youre a strategic thinker as well as a doer. You can think big-picture & also roll up your sleeves to get the job done, focusing your & company resources on efforts that add significant strategic value & long-term advancement to our overarching communications goals.
- Youre a self-starter. You can recommend & initiate projects with minimal direction.
- Youre a relationship builder & quickly becoming a media relations pro. Youre nurturing productive & trustworthy relationships with agency partners & are in the process of building out your own media network when relevant, identifying & collaborating with key outlets in your markets as well as internal stakeholders.
- You have excellent verbal communication skills & youre great under pressure, possessing the ability to act as a company spokesperson, with on-the-record experience in both print & broadcast media interviews.
- Youre creative. Youre able to conceptualize newsworthy moments, develop story ideas even when the hook isnt obvious to most, & follow through with pitches that land great media.
- Youre a skilled writer & editor, comfortable developing content for a variety of purposes (Q&As, statements, talking points, or media pitches) & require limited edits from your Director.
- Youre a natural partner & trusted advisor. Youre able to work seamlessly with external agencies to ensure alignment & execution against multiple goals. You have a proven ability to advise internal partners on communications strategy & are comfortable working closely with executive leadership.
- You care about results. Youre able to measure success & report on whats working & whats not so we can iterate & improve on a regular basis.
- You show strong attention to detail & have exceptional organizational skills.
- Maintaining positivity & poise in even the most stressful situations.
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment.
- Passionate about travel (but thats a given!)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup. We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, were expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness & lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US & abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? Were hiring!