Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is looking for an Accounts Payable Manager to join our growing Finance team in our New York City HQ. Along with managing ongoing AP processes, the Accounts Payable Manager will be responsible for taking the lead on developing & evolving our AP systems & processes to ensure that they are efficient & scalable as our business continues to grow. This person will lead a team of two people & will report to the V.P. Global Controller & Treasurer.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Caspers sleep products including its pillow, bedding, & furniture are developed in-house by the companys award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in the World & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, you'll be responsible for...
- Procure to Pay Automation
- Entering invoices into ERP
- Monitoring status of purchase orders & invoices in the PO & A/P modules
- Ensuring that invoices are approved in accordance with company policy
- Ensuring that invoices are correctly coded using the Companys chart of accounts
- Ensuring critical vendors are paid on a timely basis
- Ensuring that all available vendor discounts are taken
- Managing the approval workflow in the PO & A/P modules
- Ensuring new vendors are added in compliance with the Companys policy
- Monitoring status of T&E reports in the T&E application.
- Performing final review of all T&E reports to ensure conformity with the T&E policy
- Perform administrative functions in the T&E application in coordination with the Controller.
- Participating in the upcoming financial system implementation.
- Managing the coding & payment of all purchasing cards & company credit cards.
- Coordinating with the GL & Manufacturing accountants during the monthly close process
- Recommending best practices & considering automation & process improvements
- Responding to all A/P-related inquiries
- Preparing & disbursing all 1099s
- Coordinating tax filings with accountants & Controller
- Supporting annual financial statement audit process
Our dream candidate has...
- Bachelors degree or an equivalent combination of education & experience
- 6-8 years of accounts payable experience, including 3-4 years as an accounts payable manager.
- Strong people leadership capabilities
- 3-4 years managing the T&E process utilizing a web-based T&E application (e.g. Concur, etc.)
- Willingness to extend themselves & assist other people
- Strong understanding of financial controls around Purchasing & A/P
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Good planning & organizational skills to balance & prioritize work
- Experience & competency working with Excel
- Prior start-up experience
- Prior JDE Enterprise andConcur experience
- Prior experience with an E-commerce and/or manufacturing entity
- Prior experience with system implementations
- Exposure to a SOX environment
- Exposure to large ERP systems
The syrup on your waffles
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging & equity so that youre part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep & fitness, credits for your favorite studios & in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Catered lunches twice a week to give you time to catch up with your teammate
- Free snacks & coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join & product discounts for friends & family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!