The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines & voice assistants, businesses around the world, like Taco Bell, Marriott, & Jaguar Land Roveras well as organizations like the U.S. State Departmenttrust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites & across the entire search ecosystem.
Our Senior Systems Engineers design the underlying infrastructure that powers the Yext Search Experience Cloud platform. This means adapting the best open-source & commercial software into an infrastructure architecture that our Software Engineers can utilize to develop the Yext platform. A Senior Systems Engineer - Networking provides the foundation for the overall Yext platform architecture, helping to ensure reliability, scalability, performance, transparency, & security. As part of this small team, you will do everything from troubleshooting performance issues within the core Yext platform to designing & supporting corporate office networks. You will design Cloud networks in AWS, GCP & Azure, implement & maintain open-source tools such as Hashicorp vault, etcd, & prometheus, utilize TeamCity & Terraform to create reproducible & testable infrastructure, & be the foundation of Yexts Internet presence by managing domain registrations, certificate authorities, our relationship with ARIN, & facilitating data exchange with the giants of the Internet.
What You'll Do
- Design cloud & data center networks to support the Yext platform
- Provide networking expertise to our teams of Software Engineers, Partner Engineers, & the rest of the company
- Merge DevOps practices with Network Engineering fundamentals to create bulletproof environments for our software to run
- Help manage Yexts overall Internet presence
- Implement the core pieces of Yexts security controls
- Design & support corporate office networks
What You Have
- Bachelor's degree or similar college level education in a field relevant to large-scale technology systems
- 5 years work experience in a networking or systems engineering environment
- Expert-level knowledge of at least one aspect of networking, such as a specific routing protocol, multicast, stateful inspection, IPSec, etc.
- Some experience building cloud networks in either AWS, GCP or Azure
- Willingness & ability to learn new technologies & methods
- Track record of applying DevOps principles to Network Engineering
- Ability to work independently or as part of a small team, as necessary
- Commitment to documentation & knowledge-sharing
- Good communication skills, & the ability to interact effectively with vendors
- TeamCity or other CI/CD system
- Linux administration
- Experience using Linux as a router, switch or firewall
- Prometheus, exporters & PromQL
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.