NYC Tri-State Area
GitLab is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs & lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, & our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion & belonging, boring solutions, & quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, & personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, & what makes us truly unique.
We are currently looking for a Strategic Account Leader (Bay Area) to join our team!
- Strategic Account Leader will report to an Area Sales Manager or Regional Director.
- Act as a primary point of contact & the face of GitLab for our strategic & large prospects.
- Contribute to root cause analysis on wins/losses.
- Communicate lessons learned to the team, including account managers, the marketing team, & the technical team.
- Take ownership of your book of business
- document the buying criteria
- document the buying process
- document next steps & owners
- ensure pipeline accuracy based on evidence & not hope
- Contribute to documenting improvements in our sales handbook.
- Provide account leadership & direction in the pre- & post-sales process
- Conduct sales activities including prospecting & developing opportunities in large/strategic accounts
- Ensure the successful rollout & adoption of GitLab products through strong account management activities & coordination with pre-and-post sales engineering & support resources
- Be the voice of the customer by contributing product ideas to our public issue tracker
- Travel as necessary to accounts in order to develop relationships & close large opportunities
- Generate qualified leads & develop new customers in conjunction with our strategic channel partners in exceeding quota.
- Expand knowledge of industry as well as the competitive posture of the company
- Prepare activity & forecast reports as requested
- Update & maintain Sales database as appropriate
- Assist sales management in conveying customer needs to product managers, & technical support staff
- Utilize a consultative approach, discuss business issues with prospect & develop a formal quote, a written sales proposal or a formal sales presentation addressing their business needs.
- Respond to RFP's & follow up with prospects.
- Develop an account plan to sell to customers based on their business needs.
- Build & strengthen the business relationship with current accounts & new prospects.
- Recommend marketing strategies.
- A true desire to see customers benefit from the investment they make with you
- Able to provide high degree of major account management & control
- Work under minimal supervision on complex projects
- Proven success with B2B software sales
- Experience selling into large organizations
- Interest in GitLab, & open source software
- Ability to leverage established relationships & proven sales techniques for success
- Effective communicator (written/verbal), strong interpersonal skills
- Motivated, driven & results oriented
- Excellent negotiation, presentation & closing skills
- Preferred experience with Git, Software Development Tools, Application Lifecycle Management
- You share our values, & work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to use GitLab
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, & talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute & are free to travel & move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people & free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community & can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life & don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to & be assured we're thoughtful & effective.
See our culture page for more!