DoubleVerify is the recognized market innovator with the technology & tools that accurately authenticate the quality of digital media & drive ad performance for the world's largest brands. DV provides media transparency & accountability to deliver the highest level of impression quality for maximum advertising performance. Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most from their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital ecosystem that help build a better industry. Learn more at doubleverify.com.
The Classification Operations team plays a critical role in product development at DV by providing data & insights that help drive ontology-based & machine learning/AI initiatives. As a Content Labeling Specialist on the team, youll work to ensure the quality of DV classifications by analyzing & labeling web, mobile, & social data, focusing on content that top advertisers are looking to target or avoid.
Youll work independently & collaboratively within the AI Curation team & also have the opportunity for cross-collaboration with Product, Policy, Data Science, Ontology, & other teams internationally to develop or evolve DVs classification technologies.
This is a great entry-level opportunity for someone whos interested in working in online media & content management. Youll build on your knowledge of the ad tech industry, the growing field of data labeling, & the online space across international markets. Youll also learn popular tools & technologies, as well as valuable skills, that will help meet the needs of top advertising clients across industries, & youll contribute towards the mission of making the digital ecosystem safer, more transparent & sustainable.
This position requires understanding of the Japanese language (primarily textual).
In order to be successful in this role, the candidate must be:
- A critical thinker who can identify & describe themes & tone of content
- Comfortable seeing & talking about sometimes sensitive or explicit textual & visual content
- An independent worker, but can collaborate with a team when needed (please note this role is not customer facing)
- Good at staying self-motivated & on task
- Possess strong attention to detail & QA/troubleshooting mindset
- Flexible in order to prioritize & manage work effectively
- A naturally curious learner with an interest in news, pop culture, & online trends
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Categorize, tag, label, & evaluate textual & visual data across web & social platforms
- Provide judgements for data labeling/annotating or classification based on independent interpretation of guidelines & policies
- Support development teams by providing labeled datasets for machine learning training & other initiatives
- Provide feedback & proactively identify issues to respective teams
Skills & Background
- Bachelors degree, preferably in subject areas related to media, psychology, sociology, journalism, linguistics or information science
- Knowledge of Google Workspace (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets) and/or Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel
- High proficiency/fluent knowledge of Japanese
The successful candidates starting salary will be determined based on a number of non-discriminating factors, including qualifications for the role, level, skills, experience, location, & balancing internal equity relative to peers at DV.
The estimated salary range for this role based on the qualifications set forth in the job description is between [$43,000 to $80,000]. This role will also be eligible for bonus/commission (as applicable), equity, & benefits.
The range above is for the expectations as laid out in the job description; however, we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, & recognize that the person we hire may be more or less experienced than this job description as posted.