Complex Networks is a subsidiary of BuzzFeed
Complex Networks is a global youth entertainment network spanning major pop culture categories including streetwear & style, food, music, sneakers & sports. Complex Networks is diversified around three pillars: advertising, e-commerce, & content where it creates & distributes original programming for Gen Z & Millennial audiences through premium distributors such as Netflix, Hulu, Turner, Corus, Facebook, Snap, YouTube, Roku & more. Additionally, Complex Networks generates revenue through a number of core business lines, including branded content & advertising, licensing, events, e-commerce, & agency consulting services.
- Create video content for TikTok & Instagram in coordination with the sneakers & style team
- Come up with fresh ideas for TikTok/IG Reels videos in coordination with the latest trends
- Ability to take trends/viral moments outside of sneakers & style & translate them in ways that fit with our voice
- Execute & articulate the Complex Sneakers, Complex Style, & Sole Collector organic social strategy
- Surface & pitch viral, breaking, & social-friendly content to sneakers & style team
- Publish & manage day-to-day content for Sneakers (Facebook & Twitter) & Style (Instagram & Twitter) social channels
- Monitor any & all upcoming release dates to populate ComplexSneakersCal page
- Monitor fashion releases/drops that pertain to our Complex Style audience
- Ideate & concept around company tentpole & always-on programming in lockstep with brand & business priorities
- Ability to take longer form stories/features & turn them into original social content
- 1-3 years of social media & editorial experience with a publisher or brand
- A deep understanding of the Complex voice, & tone
- Proficient understanding of the sneaker/style industry in a way that relates to our voice & tone
- Deep knowledge of the sneaker industry both past & present
- Positive, intuitive, proactive, & collaborative team player
- Strong writing & communication skills, proofreading experience, & quick decision-making skills
- Must be willing to work nights & occasional weekends/holidays for coverage
- Robust knowledge of current events + pop culture + sports + music.
- Possess a deep understanding & fluency of all social media platforms. (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok)
- Self-management skills + take charge attitude
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite & Premiere Pro
- Ability to cover live events & create content from them
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news & entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, & original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News & HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
At BuzzFeed, we want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.