Let's get to know each other
At Care/of, we help people remove obstacles to living a healthy life by delivering personalized, science-backed vitamins & protein straight to their door in convenient daily packs. As a fast-growing, venture-backed wellness startup, our technology makes it easy (and even fun) for people to get a custom vitamin & protein recommendation based on their diet & health goals goodbye, guesswork. We aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health by being transparent about the research behind our recommendations & thoughtful about the quality of our products.
Care/of launched in 2016 & is headquartered in New York City. To date, Care/of has raised over $42M from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, & Juxtapose.
What youll do:
As a Sanitation Associate, you will perform routine & non-routine cleaning tasks in all areas of the site including production, shipping, warehouse storage, offices, & breakrooms. You are responsible for completing cleaning tasks as defined in the site Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS) & for proper handling & usage of site approved sanitation chemicals.
The hours for the Weekday shift are Monday - Thursday from 5:45pm to 4:45am & the hours for the Weekend shift are Friday - Sunday 6:45 pm - 6:45 amPlease only apply if you are able to commit to these hours.
- Perform site cleaning & sanitization work activities under the direction of the Sanitation & Food Safety Supervisor & Sanitation Team Lead in compliance with GMPs & site SSOPs (Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures) to maximize personnel safety, food safety & working group efficiency
- Inspect & report food safety issues, potential sources of contamination & site observed pest activity
- Perform post-cleaning inspections through visual examination of food contact surfaces, ATP & Allergen swab testing to verify the effectiveness of cleaning
- Duties may include items not listed above to effectively serve the business as required including completion of non-routine cleaning projects
- Safely work with various cleaning chemicals while following SDS guidelines & appropriate PPE
- Understand & practice safety policies, elevated ladder safety, LOTO, chemical types, labeling & warnings regarding mixing chemicals
Who you are:
In our Fulfillment Center, you are able to work independently as well as in a team environment with the flexibility to work shifts as scheduled (overnight, weekends, holidays). You have at least a year of sanitation experience in a HACCP, USDA, or FDa regulated manufacturing facility, in which you have performed cleaning & sanitization of food contact & non-food contact surfaces through both wet & dry cleaning methods.
- Must have experience with sanitation procedures & policies
- Must be dependable in both, arriving & completing the work shift & compliance with the attendance policy
- Exposure to varying temperatures or noise levels on a regular basis
- Required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; & reach with hands & arms
- Requires continuous physical activity & the ability to lift & move up to 50lbs continuously
- Requires walking, standing, bending, kneeling, crouching for long periods of time
- Requires repetitive hand motions
Even if you dont meet all the requirements, we still encourage you to apply! If youre submitting a cover letter, please note what makes you perfect for this role with the qualifications you have.
- A competitive insurance package
- Free vitamins
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people
Our Core Values:
Be Humble: Engage in debate with an open mind. Embrace feedback & being wrong when presented with data that shows there is a better option.
Be Honest: Deliver the truth with humor & love; Recognize & stand up against discrimination on any basis, including race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious background, age, or mental & physical abilities - in our work & beyond.
Be Thoughtful: Attack hard problems with thoughtful tenacity. Dont shy away from complex problems with complex solutions.
Be Different: Kill your darlings. Dont be afraid to rewrite something once effective, loved, or widely accepted in the past. Evolution is wonderful. Push against banality & the status quo.
Our commitment to you:
At Care/of, were committed to building the best team we can. We hire for potential & support every team member through each step of their career development. Building a diverse, equitable, & inclusive space for our team to think differently & push the status quo is incredibly important to us; & we strive to use these guiding principles as the foundation for how we interact with each other, how we build our business, & how we hold ourselves accountable to our core values.
Care/of does not discriminate & will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability & require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.