Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were building a better way to get home & our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, were making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, weve:
- Helped more than 10,000 families get home
- Financed over $2B in loans
- Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans
- Grew our geographic coverage to 35 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And were not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, & others have invested over $85MM in Better & our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Were building a world-class sales organization - one that combines highly effective sales processes & systems with a customer experience that people will rave about. The right person for this role is an experienced Sales Operations leader who is able to both operate strategically at 10,000 ft & execute tactically at 10 ft. Someone who knows what world-class sales & customer experience looks like, & who is itching to be the driving force behind an amazing sales team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Driving sales strategy & strategic initiatives in partnership with Head of Sales
- Distilling core sales insights leveraging a highly data-driven & analytical approach with an eye towards actionable next steps that move the needle
- Developing core management systems across sales including but not limited to:
- Reporting & KPI tracking
- Audits & training
- Change management
- Complaints management
- Team engagement
- Enabling organizational development of sales including but not limited to org structure, compensation / incentives, leadership succession
- Oversee & develop sales operations/enablement team, with functions including but not limited to:
- Training/learning & development
- Sales communication
- Data analysis
- Sales tools/process
- Manage the evaluation & interpretation of sales data to identify trends & convert insights into actionable sales processes & tactics
- Define, own & manage sales team operating procedures
Bonus points for:
- Prior experience working at fast-growing start-up
- Prior experience in a sales role
- 7+ years of experience in sales operations or management consulting with at least 3 years of management experience
- Highly structured thinker with the ability to methodically break down complex issues into various parts but also understand how those various parts interact with one another
- Strong quantitative background in data analysis & modeling (Familiarity with SQL and/or Tableau)
- Strong bias-to-action, as well as a strong sense of practicality & effectiveness
- Excellent communication & relationship-building skills.
- Highly adaptable, & able to thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.