What is BlockFi?
BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
Were a team of builders & strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity & offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, & every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, & we rely on our people to make it happen!
- Drive operational maturity at BlockFi, collaborating cross functionally on rigorous organizational effectiveness including communication framework, controls environment, tracking key metrics/objectives, developing reporting structures, & conducting data analysis
- Conceptualize & implement strategies around various aspects of company growth & organizational improvement
- Act as primary interface for the CEO with multiple C Suite executives to condense reporting structure & ensure efficient chain of command.
- Manage high priority business initiatives from conception through successful execution, collaborating with cross-functional internal team members, consultants & external vendors as needed
- Support key business partners as needed through research & analysis, building business cases for systems & processes, & presenting those to executive leadership & the Board of Directors
- Assume ownership of our internal leadership & Board of Director meetings - managing the cadence, materials review & dissemination, measuring their effectiveness & ensuring objectives are achieved
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve current processes across functional areas, optimizing our procedures for efficiency & productivity
- Identify operational bottlenecks & build scalable solutions that drive our growth & improve overall business performance
- 10+ years experience in a combination of operations, product management, consulting, finance roles in retail banking
- MBA from a top 10 graduate institution
- Preferably experience mix of large org / tech but also regulated / controls background
- Expertise in defining & stating expectations & objectives with team members & completing all related follow up & improvement measures
- Excellent organizational & multitasking skills & ability to balance & prioritize multiple projects & initiatives
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence & communicate cross-functionally with all levels of leadership across the organization
- Experience with a global organization, having built strong partnerships with stakeholders across diverse cultures & backgrounds
- Excellent EQ that understands how to bring strong perspectives together for a common outcome in a positive way
- Highest level of integrity & management of confidential information
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience & expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health & well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, & Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team & we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial & driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), & the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, & our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, & as we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, & C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments & Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand