We seek a Director of Legal Operations & Corporate Governance to help systematize our practices, & organize our corporate information. Reporting to the Associate General Counsel, this role is for someone whos into the details. Who wants to dot every i" & cross every t. We need someone who will obsess over how the small pieces make up the big picture & will ensure that they all fit together. If you have a systems brain, if you think in automation & dream about optimization, this is the role for you. As a service department, Legal & Compliances processes also have to intertwine with those of the groups we support. The right person for this role will cultivate strong relationships with stakeholders from our client groups to ensure synchronization & adoption of new processes.
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers & marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers & bring news & information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges & shifts in the market. As a result, weve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, & Meredith Corporation among many others.
There are three pillars to this role; the core deliverables under each pillar include:
- Legal Operations
- Helping to establish sophisticated legal operations by facilitating the integration & seamless operation of Front App & IronClad.
- Developing key performance indicators to help narrate a data-driven story about the work & contributions of the Legal department.
- Helping to organize templates & design the related processes around their use.
- Building strong relationships with commercial operations teams to support strong communication between their goals & legal document management.
- Corporate Governance
- Assuming responsibility of our Corporate Governance management from our third-party service provider, including by organizing all relevant documents, diarizing important dates & owning responsibility for the corporate minute books.
- Responding to inquiries about our corporate entities (authorized signatories, registered addresses, necessary updates, etc.).
- With legal support where necessary, drafting, reviewing & modifying the necessary resolutions, meeting minutes, agendas, etc.
- Liaising with external counsel world-wide to assist with corporate governance work where required.
- Strategic Projects
- Supporting the General Counsel with an enterprise level, Cyber Security & Information Security project aimed at reviewing IXs program, recommending enhancements & implementing the recommendations.
- Supporting expansion into new markets with the opening of new offices.
- Suggesting projects of interest to support our expanding business.
- Considering next steps to allow for nimble adjustments to evolving business models.
You may also be asked to undertake other reasonable duties.
Requirements for this role include:
- Hold a degree from an accredited university or a certificate from an accredited college.
- Possess deep expertise around design & implementation of stacked technological systems.
- Have 5+ years of relevant work experience in business operations (i.e. sales operations, marketing operations, or advertising operations; preference for legal operations). Experience in the digital advertising or technology industries is an asset but not a requirement.
- Outstanding focus on details, organization, processes & efficiency. Proven track record of instituting operationally efficient initiatives. Excellent communication skills.
Heres why youll love working here:
- Our teams are built around cooperation, teamwork, & respect
- We don't have a dress code & offer flexible work hours
- Paid vacation, 12 incidental sick days per year, & 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental & paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, & humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 & the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment & selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).