The Social Editor will maintain the day-to-day editorial presence on social media for VICELAND across all major social channels, with the clear goal of driving engagement & linear tune-in. You will have a real passion for social media + culture, & push the boundaries of engagement through impactful content & native platform tactics. This position is based in Williamsburg, Brooklyn & reports to the Manager of Social Media.
Roles & responsibilities
- You will plan & maintain social publishing calendar, balancing brand, show, & campaign content across all channels including YouTube & VICELAND.com
- You will Implement social cadence to drive weekly tune-in that supports the L+3 window
- You're able to lead & handle copywriting across all platforms to ensure brand voice is accurate & consistent for organic & paid posts
- You will define & maintain standard methodologies for editorial across all major social platforms
- You're able to handle multi-platform community management & raise key sentiments or complaints for review
- You will craft weekly sentiment report to provide actionable insights into content performance
- Work with the Integrated/Ad Sales teams to execute branded/sponsored content editorial plans
- Run weekly scene lift process from selection to approval & scheduling
- Oversee cross-platform & Vice vertical editorial opportunities on social & newsletters
- Curate brand & series playlists for VICELAND's Spotify account
- Scene lift write-ups for other Vice verticals
- You will work with Social Manager to identify & communicate with brand, series, & topical influencers for influencer campaigns
- Bachelors degree in relevant field
- 1-2 years experience in editorial, copywriting, & social media management at a major company; media a plus
- Understanding of social cadence & how it drives consumers to take action (i.e. linear tune-in)
- Familiarity with Canvs, Instagram Analytics, Facebook Insights, and/or other major analytics tools, & reporting data from these platforms
- Familiarity with the VICELAND Network & brand voice
- Basic understanding of Adobe Premiere & Photoshop
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application & selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create & maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion & diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion & diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers & viewers, & our company culture. We treat all applicants & employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity & expression, marital status & partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking & sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
- Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements & essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list & instead are meant to describe the general nature & level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes & is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.