As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Visa Vietnam team is comprises of a highly motivated bunch of problem solvers who create impactful experiences for our clients. Here at Visa, we strive to excel with our partners via strong collaboration, we look to enable & inspire all players in the ecosystem to drive electronification of payments in the Vietnam market.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Business Development Director we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
If you are business savvy with financial payment industry experience & have the technical background necessary to help further establish Visa as a leading payments solutions partner in Vietnam, you should apply.
This position is reporting to Head of Sales & is based in Hanoi.
What a Senior Business Development Leader does at Visa:
- Working as one of the team you will have a dedicated portfolio of clients, who you will ensure are provided with solutions to solve their business needs & drive profitability for visa
- Works with clients to identify new & ongoing requirements, introducing new products & services as appropriate, discuss & deeply understand client business strategy/business model & consult client on winning digital payment & ecosystem solutions. The business model can be diversified across consumer & corporate businesses.
- Contributes to the annual business/account plan & execution for the assigned accounts, agreeing with the Head of Sales what actions will be required for their product/portfolio.
- Cultivate relationship with client key stakeholders in partnership with product solution & cross functional teams. Have capability to handle client relationship at senior management levels.
- Work with clients to focus on driving usage, user experience, new product solutions, e-commerce, cross-border transactions & merchant acceptance.
- Champion & lead digital innovation, solutions to differentiate client payment products & services
- Identify new payment flows interacting with issuers, & develop CVPs for new product, new segments differentiated by departments / payment flows
- Demonstrates good knowledge of all Visa products & services, with expert knowledge in certain areas. Expected to understand the impact of their specialty area on assigned client's business & more importantly to Visa's P&L
- Execution of strategic priorities to accelerate payment volumes growth & expansion in partnership with financial institutions
- Provides support to Head of Sales on business planning, implementation of team, country & regional goals, sharing expertise & specialist knowledge with team members.
Why this is important to Visa
In this role, you will be the connector between Visa & the clients, being able to showcase Visa capabilities & make impact to the clients business. You will work closely with key functions in Visa such as the Merchant Solutions & Acquiring, Consumer, Business Solutions, Visa Consulting & Analytic teams to identify areas of opportunity for growing payment volumes, expanding acceptance through implementing new solutions, products & payment services, leveraging Visa & clients digital payment capabilities.
The candidate must understand financial & banking industry, have experience in card, digital payment & good understanding of payment industry opportunity & challenges. In this role, you will be the champion in providing client turnkey solutions to differentiate their products & services as Visa ambassador.
Projects you will be a part of:
- To take ownership of the business relationships between Visa & our key clients through business development & sales efforts aimed at ensuring profitability & development of Visa's brand, reputation & business presence & impact. This includes development & execution of business strategies, business plans, sales & projects which propagate profitable business for Visa & for our clients.
- You will assess opportunities to introduce relevant Visa solutions to clients & be responsible for account & product business planning & submission of product propositions to clients for consideration.
- Recommend strategy for securing individual clients' agreements & engagement with Visa initiatives
- Develop individual business case justification for investment decisions & propose to both Country & Regional Management for approval.
- Responsible for Client forecast, P&L, & tracking of performance
What you will need:
- Recognized degree preferably in Business Management
- More than 15 years of proven sales & relationship management, with expertise in payments/ financial services industry
- Track record of people management & communication skills
- Strong track record of client service, strategy development & execution
- Deep expertise in navigating client relationship matrix
- Solid understanding of the Vietnam digital payment landscape & banking industry
- Cultural sensitivity & possess a global mindset
What will also help:
- Management Experience
- Prior sales & consulting experience within the financial services sector
- Knowledge of retail/ commercial/digital banking
- Digital mind-set & adaptive leadership
- Positive & result orientated team player
- Self-starter with a commitment to learn & a sense of curiosity
- Ability to navigate & work in ambiguous situations
- Fluent in English & Vietnamese