Company Description|Job Description
PubMatic is a digital advertising technology company for premium content creators. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers & publishers to control & maximize their digital advertising businesses. PubMatic's publisher-first approach enables advertisers to maximize ROI by reaching & engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats & devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure & remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices & nine data centers worldwide.
The Director, Product Marketing will be responsible for defining & executing marketing strategies for PubMatic's industry leading platform that enables Publishers to maximize their digital assets. In this role, he/she will position the company's advertising technology platform & products to the marketplace, PubMatic prospects & clients.
You will know our competitors like the back of your hand: what they do today & what they plan to do in the future. You will also know our buyers better than they know themselves, including how they make their buying decisions. This isn't guesswork. You'll back up strategic insights with market evidence & then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning & messaging that resonates with buyers & empowers our sales channels to be successful.
In addition, this role will be responsible for developing product positioning & messaging for sales collateral, sales tools & will work closely with sales enablement & product management. The Director, Product Marketing will be an outstanding communicator, creative thinker, & possess strong analytical skills. S/he will have a strong understanding of the online advertising or marketing technology ecosystem.
The individual brought into this role must possess strong product & marketing skills in order to synthesize & communicate PubMatic's offerings to a wide range of audiences including existing clients, prospects, partners, sales people, consultants, industry analysts & trade press. Additionally, the Product Marketer will facilitate feedback to the Product Management team for improvements & upgrades to PubMatic's products.
Responsibilities & Deliverables
The ideal candidate will have a wide range of responsibilities such as market analysis, strategy, solution definition, positioning, competitive analysis, communication, pricing, packaging & promotion of key products & solutions being undertaken by the business.
- Develop product positioning & messaging that clearly articulates the benefits & differentiation of PubMatic's product suite in the market. Plan & drive all go-to-market positioning, packaging, pricing for new & enhanced products.
- Work closely with product management & sales teams to distill key functionality & benefits into core product marketing messages; identify, prioritize & launch product modifications/ additions to improve customer satisfaction, revenue & retention.
- Product launches - plan the launch of new products & releases & manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Sales enablement - develop sales enablement strategy to communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team & develop the sales tools that support the selling process of our products; develop product collateral for all audiences. (publishers, networks, press, etc.) including demos, sales presentations & training, FAQs, one sheets, & other product collateral as needed.
- Market & competitive intelligence - be an expert on several products & the buying criteria; identify & differentiate PubMatic products from competition & how we position against other offerings in meaningful ways; collect, analyze & distribute customer & competitive intelligence.
The Director, Product Marketing will be influential across all of PubMatic's departments as they will be defining the solutions that drive PubMatic's business, so this individual must be able to translate the vision of the product marketing team into execution by all other parts of PubMatic's business. As such, being fluent in dealing with complexity at a global level, across multiple channels, across multiple product lines, & with regards to multiple competitors & partners will be key:
- 5-7 years product or marketing experience, primarily in product marketing & ideally within the online advertising technology industry (network, exchange, large Web publisher, agency) or marketing technology company.
- The candidate should have an understanding of the Online Advertising Industry, a passion for technology & the drive & ownership to work in a start-up environment.
- Proven track record in crafting compelling positioning & thought leadership content.
- Creative thinking around innovative messaging & presentation strategies a must; roll up your sleeves to create/drive visual tools to sell/explain products & services.
- Proven track record in performing well in a fast-paced environment & organizational skills to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines effectively.
- Proven track record of working closely with Product Managements teams in developing GTM strategies to drive product adoption
- Strong understanding of technology, product development & innovation.
- Exceptional project management, organizational, writing, & presentation skills; ability to multi-task, prioritize & organize work to meet deadlines & multiple requests.
- Values Match with PubMatic's core values of Customer Service, Innovation, Biased toward Action Teamwork, & Integrity.
- The candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on teamwork, ownership, initiative & integrity.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.