Shutterstock is a technology company that powers one of the world's largest two-sided marketplaces for high-quality photos, illustrations, videos & music used by individuals, businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations of all sizes. In this role, you will help us discover insights hidden in vast amounts of data & help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, AI algorithms in the areas of deep learning & machine learning, doing statistical analysis & building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products & solutions. Along the way you will be collaborating with an extremely talented & passionate team of researchers, data scientists & engineers from around the world working for Shutterstock.
- Software development with innovative deep learning & machine learning algorithms
- Exploring immense data sets of information from images, videos, music, customer interactions, & marketing
- Selecting features, building & optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, & verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Analyze data from across Shutterstock including behavioral data with state of the art techniques to provide a better experience to customers
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems & constant performance tracking
- Working with data engineers, analysts & business partners to drive ideas from the rapid prototyping phase all the way through to serving & learning from live traffic at scale
- 5+ years of experience with common toolkits, such as TensorFlow, Caffe, Torch/PyTorch
- 7+ years of industry experience creating, deploying, & learning from production algorithm analysis
- Experience in one or more areas: computer vision, information retrieval, natural language processing, or recommendation systems
- Experience with software development best practices (version control, testing, code review, etc.)
- Fluent in one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to Python, Spark, C, Java, Scala
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Excellent applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Complete understanding of common frameworks/models such as Inception, Faster R-CNN, YOLO, ELMo or BERT
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Notebook experience (Jupyter, Zeppelin, Databricks, etc.) to perform data analysis & algorithm development using Python
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Experience with graphics/visualization programming (CUDA, cuDNN)
- Cloud computing experience
- Experience with ML collaborative platforms/pipelines (MLflow, Neptune, Kubeflow, etc.)
- Docker and/or Kubernetes exposure
- Ph.D. in a related scientific field: Computer science, Physics, Math
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 350,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, & currently has more than 180 million images & more than 9 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; & Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com & follow Shutterstock on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V