Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the countrys leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness & value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals & clients. Weve partnered with top biopharma companies & are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research & expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, were assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively & authentically, to innovate & think transformation, not status quo.
If thats you, wed love to hear from you.
Aetions Staff Accountant is a proactive & action-oriented individual who supports a high performing finance team across a variety of functions, primarily accounts payable & payroll processing. This position involves a keen understanding of Aetions business & will be involved in various accounting & financial activities while working as part of the Accounting team. This position will be at the forefront of contributing to the financial strength of our fast paced & growing organization.
The following duties include, but are not limited to:
- Review all vendor bills to ensure proper General Ledger & department coding in NetSuite
- Maintain company credit card program to ensure compliance with company policy & timely reporting
- Bank reconciliation for multiple accounts
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Process semi-monthly payroll
- Work with external accountant to prepare annual tax return
- Ensure compliance with local, state, & federal government reporting requirements & tax filings including sales tax in multiple state
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, & year-end accounting close activities, calendar & deliverables, including preparation & review of journal entries, reconciliations, & variance analysis
- Assist in the identification & resolution of accounting discrepancies & irregularities
- Coordinate cross functionally with Human Resources, Procurement, Payroll & Finance to manage employee cost center membership
- Prepare schedules & supporting documentation for internal & external audit
- Assist with other areas of accounting & complete special ad hoc reporting projects as needed
- B.S./B.A. in Accounting, Business or Finance
- 1 - 2+ years of experience in an accounting environment (payroll accounting experience a plus)
- Advanced Excel skills including ability to create Pivot Tables, V-Look ups, SumIfs etc
- Highly detail oriented, & strong organizational skills
- Ability to work cooperatively & collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, & external customers to maximize performance, creativity, & problem solving
- Excellent written & verbal communication; strong business writing & communication abilities, including the ability to effectively document the procedures performed to complete an assignment, the results found, & conclusion reached
- Experience with NetSuite, Intact, SAP One or any other cloud based ERP
- Experience with ADP, Paychex, Sequoia or any other payroll software preferred
- Experience with Expensify, Bill.com or similar products preferred
- Industry experience in SaaS environment preferred
- Lead at all levels Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders & technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports & maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, & HIMSS
- Located in three cities We have offices located in midtown Manhattan near Penn Station, Boston's financial district, & Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation
- Social & energetic offices with a modern layout, & a giant kitchen & eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, & industry meetups
- Great perks We offer a sabbatical after five years, competitive benefits such as 16 weeks parental leave from day one, stock options, unlimited PTO, & a 401(k).
- Awards Aetion is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards:
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great & inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit & maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse & culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.