The Who, What, Why And Where
Twilio is looking for a curious & action-oriented analyst with a can do attitude. Ideal candidates will be technically strong, have a good business acumen & can communicate well with business partners. Ideal candidates are strategic thinkers, proactive & creative in finding problems & solutions, leading projects & getting things done.
Twilio is looking for an Analyst who lives in Twilio Magic. They also have:
- 5+ years of professional experience doing quantitative analysis, building dashboards & reports, working with business partners to convert ambiguous messy data into tangible actionable results to influence business decisions in a fast paced industry.
- Ability to think strategically & initiate, refine & complete projects proactively with minimal guidance.
- Expert level experience working with SQL & relational data (3+ years on a regular basis).
- Experience in python (e.g. pandas, numpy, scikit-learn) or R for data manipulation & analysis
- Experience in advanced analytics & machine learning, such as predictive analytics, regression, hypothesis testing, causal analysis.
- Experience with data visualization. Experience with Tableau & Looker (LookML) is preferred.
- Experience with data warehousing and/or ETL processes, & distributed computing (Hive/Presto).
- Experience in product analytics or product data science is preferred.
As a BI Analyst, youll be a thought partner with the Infrastructure Strategy & Analytics team to solve the business problems to bring impact by applying your expertise in quantitative analysis & technical skills & a leader in building an analytics foundation to enable & scale up analytics functions. Example responsibilities include
- Work with the Infrastructure Strategy & Analytics team to identify optimization & cost savings opportunities, by finding trends & anomalies & forecasting Cloud Infrastructure usage & cost.
- Build compelling recommendations for business unit leaders.
- Democratize data access & communicate the insights & recommendations to stakeholders at all levels via standardizing & maintaining data dictionaries for metrics, models, datasets & dashboards.
You will live the Twilio Magic values:
- Draw the Owl & Be Bold: Proactively find improvement areas, develop solutions, drive execution & deliver value.
- Wear the Customers Shoes: Be a true partner, understand real questions behind requests & solve the problem with the best method for the problem.
- Be An owner & Write It Down: Own the data from tracking to business impact. Document knowledge to enable other analysts. Develop & document processes & make sure everyone complies.
- Be Inclusive: Partner with business stakeholders & embedded analysts in different areas to help think through & plan the right solution for their problems.
- Empower Others: Help create a data-driven culture within Twilio by enabling the teams to be self-sufficient around a single source of truth.
Business Intelligence team is the centralized analytics team that provides leadership & analytics platforms to enable all analytics functions in the company as well as working on high priority projects to bring business impact from data analytics. This specific role is focusing on the Infrastructure Strategy & Analytics teams priorities.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Denver office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customer