Green Chef is the leading & first certified organic company in the meal kit space in the US. We are passionate about making it easier to eat healthfully at home. Founded in September 2014, Green Chef is already a national force with hundreds of employees & tens of thousands of customers relying on us to help them eat well.
In 2018 Green Chef & Hello Fresh partnered to become the worlds largest meal kit company. Together, we tirelessly work to disrupt the food industry.
Green Chef remains focused on delivering healthy, organic ingredients, designed for busy people. We believe in creating thoughtful food experiences from planting to the plating. We strive to create greater interaction & meaningful connections with the food that nourishes us, the people who provide it, & the ones we share it with. Green Chef offers a variety of specialty lifestyle plans.
The Associate Food Production Manager is responsible for overseeing daily food production of Green Chef products by allocating duties & managing Food Production supervisors, team leads & team members to ensure high quality products are produced while ensuring food safety & maintaining organic status.
- Confer with other managers & supervisory team throughout distribution center to ensure coordination of all Food Production activities
- Monitor weekly scheduling of warehouse food production supervisors & team members
- Work with Food Production Manager & Human Resources Manager to properly execute all company policies, rules, discipline, & performance appraisals
- Oversee proper use & maintenance of food production related machines & equipment
- Ensure Food Safety Guidelines are being followed at all levels
- Ensure the department is following established requirements to maintain organic status
- Ensure that all production processes are properly executed
- Ensure all items are produced comply with stringent quality guidelines
- Monitor activity & workflow to ensure that all Food Production deadlines are met, as per the production plan
- Monitor compliance of GMPs, promptly addressing violations
- Promptly communicate all safety related issues & concerns
- Any & all other functions as determined by management
- Manage & effectively lead food production supervisors
- Oversee food production operations
- Bachelors degree preferred; will consider applicants with a high school diploma & 5+ years relevant experience
- 3+ years of operational leadership within food distribution (direct to consumer/eCommerce a plus)
- Proficiency in Google apps (Gmail, drive, sheets, etc) & advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Strong people & performance management
- Effective communication & presentation skills across all levels & departments
- Highest levels of integrity & ethics with great follow-through on tasks
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds regularly
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Regular stooping, squatting, bending, twisting & walking
- Combination of warehouse & office environment
- Must be able to withstand temperatures ranging from 45 degrees Fahrenheit to -20 degrees Fahrenheit
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities & activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Our team is diverse, high-performing & international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!
It is the policy of Green Chef & HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.