Bonobos is seeking a Director of Brand Communications to drive our communications strategy & execution, both internally & externally.
As Director of Brand Communications at Bonobos, youll be responsible developing & execute strategic communications initiatives to increase awareness of & affinity for the Bonobos brand & its leadership team. You will maintain oversight & accountability for all internal & external communications, including strategy, design, execution & measurement.Furthermore, you will manage a talented & hungry team of public relations professionals, oversee & operationalize external agency partners & will partner with internal cross-functionalteams including both Bonobos & our parent organization, Walmart.
What you'll do...
- Lead a talented team responsible for the development & distribution of strategic PR communications & national campaigns that influence & engage internal & external audiences with a maniacal focus on driving brand awareness & building brand love among new consumers
- Define the vision, goals, core strategies, & most efficient tactics to drive media coverage & reach new consumers, influencers & investors across business, trade, & consumer press
- Partner with external agency of record to create plans that amplify our brand campaigns & assets, positioning of products & services, news & announcements, etc.
- Proactively & reactively pitch media outlets for coverage on Bonobos across corporate, consumer, fashion & lifestyle media
- Develop communication platforms for key executives, as well as thought leadership distribution strategies
- Devise breakthrough buzzworthy PR events & activations to elevate the companys message, bringing new perspectives & vision that tap into the companys disruptive roots
- Work closely with the Marketing leadership team to ensure strategies & tactics influence & build on the broader marketing strategies & tactics
- Develop & formalize corporate communication function within departments that will liaise both with internal HR team as well as Walmart eCommerce & the great Walmart ecosystem
- Manage & optimize department budget & spend
- Have 10+ years of experience within PR/communications, marketing, media relations (experiential experience a plus) in a consumer-driven businesses (ideally both agency & in-house experience)
- Have a proven track record of garnering media coverage with a wide range of media, including both business & consumer facing publications
- Are a creative thinker, who can develop compelling campaigns, partnerships & experiences that engage the consumer & drive the business
- Have experience managing a team at different levels of experience, bringing out the best in them everyday & setting them up for success
- Can combine all this consumer-centricity & creativity with strong analytical skills, measuring success & learning from it
- Have experience working with content experts to create & execute internal communications plans to connect associates to the purpose & priorities of the business. This includes synthesizing business language & complex information into clear, relevant messages with clarity of purpose, intent & broad perspective for a variety of audiences
- Have excellent judgment & are able to act decisively in situations requiring quick but thorough analysis & decision-making, while understanding when & how to appropriately escalate issues
- Are highly detail-oriented, have strong organizational & communication skills, & are able to prioritize & re-prioritize based on changing business needs
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit & are excited by the challenges that come along with building a disruptive business
- Constantly enhance business-impact & productivity initiatives in area(s) of responsibility
- Have proven track record of managing & developing talent
- Have experience in consumer goods, fashion/apparel, consumer tech a plus
- Value exceptional creativity, initiative & witty banter
- Work hard because we love what we're doing but also believe in balance
- Will back up our talk with a competitive compensation & benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun, awesome co-workers, & the rare tribal atmosphere that values individuality
- Are excited to hear from you