Breather creates & curates a network of beautiful, on-demand private spaces that you can reserve & unlock via our web & mobile apps. We are live in 10 cities across 3 countries & backed by some of the best investors in NYC & Silicon Valley. We enable top companies to do more productive & inspired work & are growing quickly! We're venture-backed; we have big ambitions, & we want you to help us achieve them.
Breather is looking for a Real Estate Manager to lead Breathers NYC growth efforts, from initial research & site selection to lease execution & location launch. You will manage all aspects of local locations growth, including scouting new locations; conducting site visits; preparing documentation, financial models, analysis & investment memoranda; coordinating with construction personnel & designers to develop construction plans, work letters, cost estimates & schedules; collaborating with internal & external teams to negotiate deal terms; & developing new tactics, strategies, & solutions across the Breather Real Estate organization. A significant amount of time will be spent outside of the office visiting potential & future sites. This is a high visibility role with significant opportunities for growth.
As a Real Estate Manager at Breather, you will:
- Conduct research & analysis to support Breathers growth strategies, gathering the information & intelligence required to make sound expansion decisions
- Manage the relationship with Breathers brokerage team & work closely with them to tour available spaces & to secure attractive deal terms
- Prepare deal memos & analyses, including floor plans, photos, site plans, work letters, & financial models.
- Communicate necessary information to other teams including Design, Operations, Sales, Marketing, & Finance to ensure success
- Assist with pipeline management, reporting, & forecasting, including transaction & space delivery timelines
- Proactively pitch the benefits of partnering with Breather to landlords
- Attend Real Estate events & functions to build Breathers relationships in the industry
Helpful Skills & Experience youll need to succeed:
You are looking for an opportunity to drive tremendous growth with an experienced team of real estate professionals, designers, & technologists. In addition, the following will be key to your success:
- 3-7 years of professional experience in commercial real estate or a related field, investment banking, management consulting, project management, or asset management/development or with a strong interest in & working knowledge of commercial real estate.
- Familiarity with commercial leasing terms, concepts & documentation, including the ability to proofread LOIs, leases, work letters, & related documents.
- Ability to prioritize workload across multiple transactions, set milestones, & track progress.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel.
- Superior organizational & analytical skills.
- Strong familiarity with New York City commercial real estate market preferred
- Familiarity with the management of commercial tenant build-outs & construction best practices is a plus.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, high accountability environment.
- Bachelors degree.
- Comfortable with some travel
What We Value
At Breather, our company values are not only the principles that link us together in the way we work, but they also keep us aligned on the same path, all working towards connected goals. These standards are what guide us on our collective journey through space(s).
Perks & Benefits
We hope that you're excited by all the possibilities that come with working at Breather! In addition to our unique culture, we also offer these fun perks & benefits:
- Be part of a well-funded, proven startup with big ambitions, competitive salary & company equity
- Work when you want, where you want, with the tools you want
- Company-funded travel to conferences & professional development events that interest you & benefit your career growth
- Access to comprehensive medical, vision, & dental coverage. Oh, & its on us
- Free access to the Breather network of over 400 spaces (and growing, fast!)
- Dog friendly office - bring your dog to work, theyll find plenty of friends waiting to play with them!
- A great referral program - good people know good people!