Peloton is looking for a driven, dynamic attorney to join our growing legal team. The person in this role will assist Pelotons senior attorneys in supporting internal clients across all geographies & teams. This position will require a thorough understanding of Pelotons multifaceted business, including its suppliers, partners, members, & competitors, in order to support the achievement of our business objectives.
This role can be based out of ourNYC HQor ourPlano HQ.
- Negotiate & manage a wide variety of commercial contracts, as well as report to senior attorneys on supply chain, logistics, commercial sales, & e-commerce matters
- Assist in the administration of Pelotons legal technology solutions for intaking, assigning, & managing commercial agreements, non-disclosure agreements, & other legal requests from our internal clients
- Develop & refine standardized template agreements to address the evolving needs of a growing organization
- Demonstrate a keen ability to issue spot sensitive legal & business concerns, including a strong sense of when to escalate (and not escalate) such matters to internal partners
- Work closely with internal clients from all business units to support their objectives & advise on legal risks & opportunities related to their strategy
- 2-3 years experience at a top law firm or in-house practice; a focus on commercial transactional or intellectual property advisory practice is strongly preferred
- Competency in drafting & negotiating commercial contracts; strong working background in supply chain agreements, enterprise software/SaaS agreements, transportation/logistics agreements, & manufacturer agreements is strongly preferred
- Excellent written & verbal communication & interpersonal skills
- Strong business acumen & ability to advise on business-related legal issues
- Team-oriented, consensus builder who understands how to achieve buy-in from diverse constituencies, building bridges & designing win-win solutions across a rapidly changing organization
- Must be able to work independently & remotely with Peloton team members throughout the U.S. & globally
- Must be an independent & strategic thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) & willing to take on additional responsibilities
- Superb organizational skills & ability to manage & prioritize multiple projects at once
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, disruptive business
- Member in good standing of the NY, TX, CA, or comparable State Bar
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.