We started with just one home & an idea: to bring homeowners & renters together with smart technology & caring local teams. Today, were the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America. Today, were one of the fastest-growing vacation rental companies in the worldthanks to the people who give us their best every day. Youll fit right in here if youre curious, entrepreneurial, & thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Operations at Vacasa
We live by a simple motto: happy team, happy owners, happy guests. Our local people are what set Vacasa apart. Were hospitality professionals dedicated to the communities we work with. Were the behind-the-scenes problem-solvers who create worry-free experiences for our owners & guests.
What were looking for
Vacasa is looking for a strong leader who is competent, energetic, & highly skilled in communications & people management to join our team as a General Manager. The General Manager is part of our leadership team for Operations helping to shape our organization to usher our diverse & geographically dispersed field staff to success. You are responsible for identifying leaders, coaching & growing your team into strong unit that can manage to KPIs & understand where better efficiency can be gained while balanced against a focus on quality. Above all else, you will be a strong leader who drives your team to create amazing owner, guest, & employee experiences.
What youll do
- Oversee operations in Lincoln City, OR managing a specific portfolio of properties
- Develop & grow a relationship with the owners of the properties by proactively communicating & becoming the subject matter expert of those properties ensuring they are clean, maintained & well cared for
- Meet & maintain Vacasa standards & metrics such NPS, standard unit appearance, & efficiency
- Manage a budget for your portfolio adhering to set annual costs, with the ability to perform a cost-benefit analysis
- Manage an efficient & high-quality team, ensuring they are trained, effective, & adhere to all Vacasa policies & procedures
- Support your team with escalated guest & homeowner concerns by responding to emails, calls & tickets
- Conduct regular inspections prior to guest & owner arrivals
- Occasional need to perform housekeeping & maintenance duties
- Traveling between worksites is frequent & this person will need their own reliable transportation.
- Partner & assist your Business Development Representative when new units join the portfolio
- Establish & maintain open, collaborative relationships with fellow regional team members & upper management team
- Provide cross-coverage for your manager & Co-GM(s) when necessary
Skills youll need
- Technical computer skills required on all forms of hardware - laptops, tablets & mobile devices
- Availability to work Sunday through Saturday, early mornings & evenings as needed.
- Professional in all forms of communications such as email, phone calls, video calls & texts
- Ability to work well under pressure in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to change activity frequently & cope with interruptions
- Highly responsive & reliable
- Strong attention to detail
- Prior housekeeping experience a plus
- Adhere to all company policies & procedures
- Ability to stand, sit, & walk for an extended period of time
- Reach overhead & below the waist
- Regularly push, pull, & lift up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, & twist
What youll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance100% coverage option
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible vacation time
- Paid sick days & holidays
- Paid parental leave after one year of tenure
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts and
- All the equipment youll need to be successful
- Great colleagues & culture
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse & inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe & productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.