The Regulatory Affairs team is responsible for managing day to day contact with all our regulators, securing approval of Oscars plan portfolio via annual filings, monitoring compliance with ongoing reporting obligations, & ensuring member-facing communications meet the expectations set by our regulators.
As a Regulatory Affairs Associate for Medicare Advantage, you will be responsible for developing & maintaining systems, processes, & procedures that support Oscars full regulatory compliance as we grow into Medicare Advantage. You will work alongside other Oscar teams including Legal, Network, Finance & Marketing, teams to support Medicare Advantage expansion.
In this role, you will support the Regulatory Affairs Senior Manager in doing the following at Oscar:
- Review, provide clearance to, & coordinate company-wide monitoring of all Medicare Advantage member-facing marketing & other materials on products, services, & offerings.
- Develop an in-depth understanding & robust documentation on CMS guidelines & reporting requirements, deadlines, for Medicare Advantage operations.
- Collaborate across the organization to ensure Oscar complies with regulatory reporting requirements for Medicare products as defined by CMS, EOHHS, & other applicable State & Federal laws.
- Project manage, track, & submit (as applicable) Medicare Advantage regulatory reporting in CMS Enterprise Systems.
- Maintain CMS Enterprise Systems access for Medicare Advantage, including procuring access for new staff & coordinating the deactivation of accounts.
- Support the development & distribution of Medicare Advantage beneficiary materials, including EOC, welcome kits, & other notices. These notices are sent to each policyholder on an annual basis & are a key milestone for every member.
Who are you?
- Bachelor's Degree required. Masters Degree preferred.
- 1 to 3 years work experience in Medicare Advantage, regulatory affairs, health insurance or relevant business industry required or equivalent professional education, ideally with 2+ years of independently managing projects from ideation to execution.
- Experience related to Medicare and/or Medicaid programs preferred.
- Ability to operate cross-functionally & chase down answers. You get things done, even if its crunch time.
- Project management. You have experience managing complicated projects, keeping track of details, & staging work to deliver projects on time. You pay attention to details.
- A proven leader with a track record of people management & supporting strong teams.
- You have a passion for healthcare & a knack for making things more systematic.
Above all else:
- You are friendly, thoughtful, & kind.
- You demonstrate humility, maturity, & a lack of ego.
- You always develop a point of view but keep an open mind.
Pay Transparency statement: Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Equal Opp Employer statement: At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Disability/Accommodation: Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.