Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Senior Manager to join our Business Operations team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About this role:
The Operations team builds, runs, & optimizes all functions of Oscars core business. Business Operations takes a macro view of Operations in the context of the broader company, & aims to help the company work most effectively & scale.
As the Senior Manager of Business Operations, you will be responsible for assessing the way Oscar runs its business today & identifying the way we should ultimately function for optimal scalability & long term growth & profitability. In partnership with the VP & Director of Business Operations, you will work with stakeholders across the company to evaluate, revamp, optimize, add to, & sometimes replace our core business functions. Your job is to ensure that all of the various cross-functional workstreams, area re-vamps, new builds, & strategic initiatives that Biz Ops runs get over the line in a tight, timely, high quality way. This work supports our team's broadest goal which is to enable Oscar to scale first to the point of profitability & then ultimately to longevity as a major player / disruptor in the healthcare space.
- Help Oscar build frameworks for scalable business growth
- Manage cross-functional work streams & initiatives for Biz Ops projects, while always driving to clarify roles, responsibilities, & best practices for long term effectiveness
- Analyze the near & long term ROI across our major bets as a company, using data to support recommendations on strategy decisions
- Connect dots, build bridges, & link stakeholders to improve business performance
- Create a culture of diagnosis & iteration. Ensure Oscar begins to systematically capture learnings & evolve how we do our work, to ultimately become a best-in-class insurance & tech operation
- Partner with teams across the business to drive decisions around Oscars consumer offering, & stand up the teams/processes to take offerings to market YoY
- Serve as a general athlete & deployable resource to jump into any business issue & help right the ship
- 6+ years of experience in business operations, program management or project management
- Experience leading cross-functional initiatives, including creating & implementing project plans/operational roadmaps & driving accountability
- Experience working with & presenting information to leadership, tailoring communication as needed
- People management experience
- Experience establishing KPIs/metrics & using data to drive decision-making
- Experience working with high-growth, fast-paced organizations
- Technology industry experience
- Healthcare experience
- Consulting experience
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.