Squarespace is seeking a Senior Software Engineer- Frontend to join our small, distributed engineering team & work on the Unfold app, an app with millions of active users around the globe.
Our team collaborates very closely across platforms & is responsible for delivering a terrific experience for Squarespace & Unfold users. You will manage the end-to-end development & the long-term vision of Squarespace & Unfold.
If you are a Frontend Engineer who strives to go beyond what is possible in a web browser, we want to hear from you!
- Design & build new features into the Unfold interface
- Take a lead role with other engineers & designers to provide strong customer-focused experiences
- Develop & maintain the current app, implemented as an SPA using Vue.js.
- Keep our product up-to-date with the latest frontend technologies such as React & ES2016+
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, & writing beautiful, readable code)
- Actively contribute to team & company standards
- Mentor junior team members
- Extensive experience developing large-scale application software
- Have full knowledge of the DOM, new HTML5 constructs, & CSS3
- Have experience with Single Page Application development
- Keep up-to-date with the newest technologies
- Develop features & create fulfilling user experiences
- A strong understanding of, & practical experience with, web application development
- A sincere commitment to crafting readable & dependable code
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of experience preferred
Unfold helps anyone create beautiful stories for social platforms like Instagram, Facebook & Snapchat. Users can choose from a series of template collections like Film Frames, Ripped Paper & more. Used by influencers like Kim Kardashian, Selena Gomez, & Miley Cyrus, & brands like Apple, Forbes, & Prada, Unfold has over 26 million users who have created over 700 million stories. Unfold has recently joined the Squarespace family & is headquartered in New York City.
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch & snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.