AlphaSense provides a revolutionary search engine for knowledge professionals.
Our mission is to curate & summarize the world's business knowledge, including the vast high-value content sets that traditional web search engines cannot reach. Our users can rapidly discover key data points & relationships while tracking impactful real-time events with intelligent, automated alerts.
Our 1000+ clients include many of the world's largest investment & advisory firms, global banks & Fortune 500 corporations - helping our users become dramatically more productive & gain an information edge by discovering critical data points & trends that others miss.
We are seeking a quality driven & creative Engineering Manager to lead a team of 4 (and growing), focusing on delivery & enhancements for a state-of-the-art user interface & platform stability for our world class AI powered search engine. This role will involve hands on contributions to the React/Node UI development, as well as oversight of the platform development team. The perfect candidate will have the ability to be a Player Coach, leading by example, with sound computer science fundamentals focusing on scalability.
- A BS/MS degree in a relevant technical discipline such as Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology is highly desired, but equivalent experience may be considered as well.
- A minimum of two years experience leading a Full Stack Engineering team (preferably in a startup environment) required.
- A minimum of two years of professional development with React & Node required, bonus points for Java.
- Strong understanding of programming language methodologies & functional programming in particular.
- Experience in building robust highly scalable backend APIs with NodeJS.
- Strong communication skills & ability to create features with little guidance in small teams & independently.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, debugging & analytical skills
- Experience with iterative Agile methodology & use of tools like JIRA, Confluence, Git