Muck Rack helps journalists & PR professionals work better together. Communications teams at Fortune 500 brands, agencies & startups use our all-in-one PR platform to monitor news, research & engage with relevant journalists, & measure success. Meanwhile, Muck Rack provides journalists with free, automatically updated portfolios to showcase their work & to provide information about what stories theyre looking for, their personal interests & how they prefer to be pitched.
Were looking for a Content Marketing Manager to source, produce, distribute & optimize our content across multiple platforms & formats. Youll bring creativity, experience & grit to craft & manage an editorial calendar that engages & educates our audiences of thousands of media & PR professionals.
- Manage our content strategy, editorial calendar, & editorial guidelines. This includes a variety of content marketing initiatives including our newsletters, blog, social media, website, published articles, customer stories, video, & more.
- Create content with compelling narratives & excellent storytelling that engages our target audiences (PR pros & journalists)
- Develop standards, systems & best practices for creation, distribution, maintenance, & repurposing of content
- Drive our contributor network & guest posting program; be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, & style.
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality & tone of voice, & optimized for search.
- Work closely with our designer on all creative & branding initiatives to ensure a consistent message across channels.
- Identify & interview journalists, PR influencers, & our customers & create original, compelling content based on their stories.
- 5-10 years of hands-on writing & editing experience with a proven track record of reaching, engaging & growing audiences
- Journalism and/or PR experience strongly preferred
- Masterful storyteller; excellent at written & verbal communication
- Self-motivated & resourceful
- Strong project management skills to manage editorial schedules & deadlines
- Ability to think strategically while being hands-on, organized, & detail-oriented
- Ability & passion to learn about new technologies & audiences