Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, lifes special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship & tradition found behind local pizzerias counters. Were here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools & services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
Read more about one of the initiatives we are working on right now, here.
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the VP, Platform Engineering is responsible for the development of Slices DevOps, Security & Compliance strategies. The role of VP, Platform Engineering is to provide the leadership & guidance necessary for an organisation to manage the risks to the confidentiality, integrity & availability of the organisation's intellectual property, security & system operations.
The position oversees the DevOps, Security & Compliance departments at Slice & is also responsible for design & implementation of preventative security standards, procedures, & programs as well as IPO readiness compliance measures across system, vendor & infrastructure concerns at Slice.
The Vice President, Platform Engineering will also direct the response to security incidents through policy & process & conduct the investigation of security breaches. This leader will work with the CTO, Director of IT, Legal, Senior Human Resources Partners & department heads.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee a team of DevOps, SecOps & Compliance professionals, whose mandate is to manage risk & safeguard the company's assets, intellectual property & cloud based infrastructure & adhere to any compliance requirements.
- Establish & maintain global security policies, standards & guidelines & implement process & procedure to ensure an acceptable risk level is maintained. Information protection responsibilities will include network security architecture, network access & monitoring, data access & monitoring, identity & access management, employee education & awareness.
- Review & approve security & compliance policies & controls to manage risk, such as, but not limited to, data loss prevention, identity & access management, fraud prevention, intrusion & penetration management, privacy & compliance & business continuity planning.
- Identify & approve the selection & design of security, compliance, systems, tools & devices, & maintain ongoing support & currency of such processes, systems, tools & devices.
- Liaise with the Engineering, Product, QA & Information Delivery teams to ensure that developments are consistent & compliant with compliant Change Control, Software Development Life Cycle & Risk Management policies & processes.
- Establish & manage the Information Security & Risk Management Strategy, inclusive of the Incident Response Policy & Process in partnership with our IT Team.
- Oversee incident response planning as it pertains to the security & compliance landscape.
- Investigate security breaches & participate in disciplinary & legal matters associated with such breaches as necessary. Review investigations after breaches or incidents, including impact analysis & recommendations for avoiding similar vulnerabilities.
- Maintain current understanding of security standards & regulations & ensure compliance with the changing laws & applicable regulations; translates that knowledge to identification of risks & actionable plans to protect the business.
- Maintain & communicate the threat landscape for the industry & develop plans to address.
- Develop & publish fact & data driven reporting of security threats & incidents periodically.
- 12+ years of relevant professional experience, with a minimum of 8 years in a leadership role with direct technical responsibility at either a best-in-class enterprise or high growth startup.
- Experience in IPO readiness; particularly compliance across the areas of systems, vendors & infrastructure.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience leading teams.
- A collaborative leader with proven experience hiring, training, & managing effective teams.
- Proven track record of implementing improvement initiatives & coaching & mentoring of direct reports.
- Excellent communication, adaptability & collaboration skills.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Proven ability to communicate & collaborate effectively with engineers & non-engineering stakeholders alike across varying levels of seniority.
- Experience leading a team of 15+ individuals either direct or matrixed.
- Experience working in a marketplace company.
- Market Leading Salary
- Strong Pension contribution
- Personal Health, Dental & Eye Care
- Income & Death insurance
- Cycle Scheme of up to 2500
- 750 per annum self-learning budget
- Health & wellbeing benefits
- Market leading Maternity & Paternity Schemes
- Flexible working / Hours & WFH
- Generous time off allowance & policies
- Free Friday Pizza & Monday Breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen/snacks
- Annual conference attendance & training/development budget
- Substantial gym membership discount
- Discounts for local Pizzerias
Slice powers independent pizzerias with the specialised technology, data insights, & shared services they need to serve todays digital-minded customers. This united network of pizzerias enables these small businesses to thrive against major corporate chains & form the nations largest marketplace for authentic pizza. Slice makes it easy for customers to order from their go-to shops & discover their next favourite.
How to apply?
A CV gives us a good idea of your background, we are interested in your latest work & projects. Education is great to see, but it's not overly important to us. If you have them, be sure to include links to any personal projects, blogs, contributions, or anything you want to add to your application.
My Pizza Slice is an equal opportunities employer & we value Diversity. We appreciate the differences in style & perspective as we believe it adds value to the organisation & we aim to recruit like-minded employees. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.