At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), were unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 of U.S. teachers come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, & rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into an education powerhouse where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, & parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. If you havent heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just talk to a teacher about us. Or try this recent article in Forbes.
Who we are looking for:
Were a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers & learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. Its the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, & focused effort. We want every day to be fun & to matter.
In this role, were looking for a great leader who can head up our growing Sales & Marketing functions at TpT.
TpT is seeking an experienced leader with success in delivering rapid revenue growth. The Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) is responsible for all revenue generating processes at TpT. The CRO is responsible for the performance, strategy, & alignment of the organizations revenue operations. This individual will be accountable for the performance of a team that includes Sales, Marketing, Customer Experience, & Account Management.
This dedicated leader will ensure that their team is focused & aligned with TpTs growth targets. The ideal individual will have a long history of building strong customer relationships; the market know-how to specify, strategize, & define opportunities; & a clear track record of setting & hitting ambitious growth targets.
- Drive scale & profitability by defining & executing TpTs enterprise go-to-market strategy & sales function
- Lead Marketing, Sales, Customer Experience, & Account Management teams
- Drive Marketing leadership to create & execute winning brand & performance-based strategies to drive profitable growth
- Build a Sales organization in a way that creates long-term customer & business value
- Inspire Customer Experience & Account Management leadership to define & profitably deliver on the customer value proposition
- Implement necessary adjustments to optimize performance, move quickly on opportunities, capitalize on markets, & build/refine infrastructure for the future
- Maintain a customer-first focused organization
- Effectively resolve issues across teams
- Create accountability within their departments by developing appropriate metrics & performance expectations
- 10+ years of experience in sales, marketing, & customer success in both B2B & B2C environments
- Experience in ed-tech or SaaS a big plus
- Track record of hiring & leading exceptional teams, & of developing a performance-based culture
- Ability to write, defend, & execute on business cases
- Data-driven & attention to detail
- MBA a plus
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- Believe in our mission to connect & empower teachers
- Appreciate feedback & value honest, thoughtful candor
- Perform well in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Be a team player: team & impact come first
- Demonstrate versatility, intellectual curiosity, creativity, & analytical thinking
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a larger team environment on complex projects, cross-functional collaboration, & strategic decision-making
- Maintain the mindset that no job is too big or small, & have the ability to do whatever it takes to get the job done well & efficiently
- Parental leave for both mothers & fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mothers Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion & encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized & celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.