Betterment is a leading, technology-driven financial services company that offers investing & retirement solutions for retail investors & investment advisors as well as financial wellness solutions, including a 401(k) for small & medium-sized businesses. Our team is passionate about our mission: making peoples lives better. Were headquartered in NYC, & offer hybrid NY-based (three days/ week in-office) & select, non-NY-based remote positions.
About the role
Betterment at Work is an award winning 401(k) solution that works as hard for your money as you work to earn it. We are seeking an ambitious Advisor Sales Manager to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for building the Advisor sales process from the top of the sales funnel to the bottom of it with Bookings. You are a tech-savvy seller who is passionate about working with decision-makers to add a retirement offering to their practice or to transition to Betterment at Work as their preferred provider.
This role is based out of our NYC office. Actual salaries may vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, & performance. The range listed is just one component of Betterments total compensation package for employees.
- New York City: L3 - $85,000-$100,000 + Commission
- New York City: L4 - $110,000-$120,000 + Commission
We offer a competitive equity package, health, dental & vision benefits, & a 401(k) offering with employer match as well as flexible PTO policy. This job is eligible for variable compensation in the form of a commission bonus.
A day in the life
- Attract & develop a Retirement Advisor base for Betterment at Works financial wellness products
- Build strong relationships with new Advisors to drive meaningful sales outcomes
- Educate & train Advisors as resellers of the Betterment at Work product line for their respective client base
- Develop relationships with all levels of the Advisor organizations to maximize sales opportunities
- Partner with Business Development Representative to source & close new Advisor relationships
- Create opportunities from new business referrals, educating prospects & developing strategies for Betterments products
- Conduct discovery & online demonstration calls, managing the entire sales cycle to closing deals & selling the value of Betterment products
- Provide voice of the Retirement Advisor population to marketing & product management to drive roadmaps
- Meet & exceed Bookings goals
- Ensure effective & consistent use of Salesforce, Outreach, Gong & other sales tools
What were looking for
- Sales experience working in B2B tech/SaaS sales preferably and/or selling to Advisors
- Curiosity & interest in financial products & retirement planning
- A consistent track record of exceeding targets
- Desire to build a new business vertical, iterating on processes & collaborating with shared teams
- High energy & willingness to learn
- Self motivated & adaptable to change
- Passionate about inspiring & mentoring your team
- Ability to give & receive feedback - you will collaborate with our sales team to drive process improvements
- Experience with sales technology stack- Outreach, Salesforce- a plus
What being at Betterment means for you
We change lives
Join a community of innovators working to transform financial outcomes for real people. Your work will make an impact, always laddering up to our mission: making people's lives better.
We set audacious goals
We set them for the company, our customers, & ourselvesand we wont stop until we reach them. We dont just show up; we give our all, then celebrate our wins.
We value all perspectives
When we collaborate, we're at our best. We believe diverse perspectives lead to better outcomes & strive to uphold our supportive & inclusive community.
We invest in you with
- A competitive suite of benefits, including: medical, dental, & vision insurance; life & AD&D insurance; STD & LTD benefits, including infertility support & World Professional Association for Transgender Health approved benefits; & generous parental leave.
- Flexible paid time off (and encouragement to use it!)
- Meaningful opportunity for community building through our 6 Employee Resource Groups
- Empowerment to own & lead change & affect the business
- Dedicated professional development opportunities
- Complimentary financial advice from our team of CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERS
- Lunch from our in-house chef three days a week at our NYC headquarters
What happens next
Well take a few weeks to review all applications. If wed like to spend more time with you, well reach out to arrange next steps, which will include 3-4 sets of meetings with your future colleagues.
In the interview process, well look to learn more about your skills, experiences, capabilities, & motivators. Many of our questions will be aimed at understanding how you might operate here at Betterment. Depending on the role, we may ask you to complete a case study exercise or technical assessments, as we want to collect a robust set of data points to better inform our decisions.
On average, it takes us around 3-5 weeks to make a hiring decision, depending on your availability & sense of urgency. As a best practice, we aim to interview at least 2-3 final round candidates before making a hiring decision. Please note that, as we usually receive an overwhelming number of applications for open positions, were unable to offer individual feedback during the interview process.
We recognize that interviewing for a new role is a big deal. We appreciate you considering Betterment as the next step in your career, & our Recruiting Team is here to support & advocate for you through the interview process!
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates upon request. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to your recruiter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.