Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Quality Improvement Operations Analyst to join our Quality Improvement team.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
As a Quality Improvement Analyst, you will take ownership of aspects of our quality improvement operations by working closely with internal Oscar teams ranging from network to population health to claims. You will drive the collection & written quantitative & qualitative analysis of data for quarterly reports & annual evaluations which are the main drivers of decision-making around quality initiatives in the QI Program.
You will report into the Quality Improvement Operations Manager
- Prepare written summaries for quarterly subcommittees & annual evaluations & work with key stakeholders to understand the implications of your findings
- Develop new dashboards & improve existing dashboards.
- Ensure ongoing QA process & overall maintenance of data.
- Implement new ways to effectively display data based on the audience.
- Identify trends in data & prepare analyses to drive key business decisions.
- Manage & maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders as a representative of the quality team.
- 1+ years of technical experience using analytical tools & writing analytical reports
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent full time work experience in a relevant area (4+ years).
- 1+ years experience with SQL
- Strong Google Sheets and/or Excel skills.
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Periscope, Tablebau, etc.).
- Knowledge around industry best practices & optimizing data collection as well as data visualization.
- Broad familiarity with core healthcare payer data including claims, membership, provider, clinical, marketing, & other payer data domains.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.