Who are we?
Our vision is of a global community of individuals empowered to pursue the work they love. Our mission is to grow that community by transforming millions of thinkers into creators.
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting.
GA has a remote-friendly culture with offices around the world. If you prefer the office, our headquarters are located in New York City. Twice a year, the entire Product team gets together in New York for a week of team building, workshops, lightning talks, urban adventures, & an epic hackathon.
We are organized into small cross-functional product teams (a PM, a designer, a few devs) that focus on growing a single product from glimmer to game-changer. Each team is free to determine their own tools & process. We care about writing good software that is clean, concise, & well-tested; flexible & easy to maintain. Our stack is Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL & ReactJS, but we are not dogmatic & believe in using the right tools for a particular problem.
Were looking for an enthusiastic Salesforce Administrator Contractor to join an existing team of full-time Salesforce Engineers. Our expectations for the role & your responsibilities are
- Usually, 2+ years of experience being a professional Salesforce Administrator or Engineer.
- Should be aware of the business value in work being done. Able to prioritize own work when given business value context.
- Support functional day-to-day operations of Salesforce, including user management & onboarding, data QA, process documentation, etc. Perform all functions of a Salesforce Administrator.
- As part of the headquarters management team, generate technical & process solutions for issues identified via the helpdesk system, business needs as prioritized by the executive team, & based on your own knowledge of best practices & system improvements through observation of system usage.
- Collaborate with General Assemblys engineering team on the integration between Salesforce & GAs data systems; monitor these connections & respond to issues quickly & effectively.
- Support integration between Salesforce & third-party vendors such as Docusign & Pardot. Work closely with these vendors to address integration issues & support custom integrations.
- Support a moderate-volume service desk & provide excellent service to users of Salesforce & related systems. Effectively triage support work from minor fixes to issues requiring major configuration upgrades.
- Maintain a very strong understanding of Salesforce configuration, business logic, data structure, & current usage trends. Effectively represent this information to a variety of internal stakeholders. Generate reports as support for your narratives.
- Provide real-time day-to-day end-user support for issues related to salesforce & integrated applications.
- Technical & functional proficiency in tasks including but not limited to: roles, permission sets, profiles, workflow rules, validations, email alerts, reports, dashboards, & lightning pages.
- Should be able to support & maintain third-party applications & stay up to date on the latest salesforce releases.
- Experience working with Salesforce-centric telephony system such as NVM (New Voice Media) is nice to have.
- Should follow Salesforce best practices in maintaining data integrity & should be able to assist with data improvement projects.
Who can apply?
The USA in any of these states: CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, IL, KS, MA, NY, NC, TX, VA and/or WA