TheSearch/Recommendation Data Science teamat Jet/WalmartLabsis dedicated to the mission of helping millions ofcustomersevery day in finding the right products. We are at the forefront of attacking one of the most complex problems of e-commerce.Whenever a user types in a query or browses through product categories on the web site, phone or the iPad, our service goes to work.We mine billions of search queries & tens of millions of products to find the most relevant products for our customers.Teammembers takeend-end responsibility inanalyzinglarge amountsof data, creating complex models, improving theiraccuracyand deploying thesemodelsto serve customers.
As part of this team, you'llsolvesome of themost fascinatingand impactfulproblemsinmachine learning, information retrieval, NLP or computer vision problems. The algorithms youdevelopwillchampioncustomersneedtoexpresstheir intentandour goal tounderstandtheir preferences,implicitly or explicitlyacrossdevicesandmodalities(voice, text, imageetc.). Youwilldevelopand deploymachine learned models, toengage & conversewithourcustomers & to understand theirgoals & expectationstoenable them tomake the right purchase decision. Your work will bevisible to millions ofcustomersand you will have a direct impact on thegoals oftheFortune #1enterprise. If youspeak & think machine learning then we want to talk to you. Come join our team & be part of this exciting journey.
- Apply machine learning & optimization algorithms to maximize the efficiency of our business & minimize risks.
- Build, validate, & test predictive models using machine learning techniques to explain or predict behavior & solve a variety of business & engineering problems.
- Identify, collect, & explore the right data used for predictive modeling & algorithm development.
- Perform & lead developments using machine learning techniques in one or more of the key areas like natural language processing, image recognition, entity recognition, product classification, information retrieval, & recommender system.
- Extract & transform data from existing data stores, perform ad-hoc analyses, & report analysis results.
- Define & implement processes & procedures on analytical projects to ensure consistency.
- Assist managers with finding patterns & relationships in data.
- 3+ years of work & research experience in the machine learning field.
- A deep understanding of machine learning & interest in applying it at scale.
- Experience with data cleaning, preparation, & feature building & selection techniques.
- Experience working with large data sets to solve problems.
- Familiarity with relational databases and
- Experience with Spark and/or Hadoop would be very helpful.
- Experience with deep learning library like TensorFlow and/or PyTorch is highly desirable.
- Experience with GPU Computing is highly advantageous.
- Prior hands-on experience with Python, Java, R, C/C++, Scala or F# & the ability to write reusable & efficient code to automate analyses & data processes.
- Effective communication, interpersonal & teamwork skills.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects while working independently & in teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced & deadline driven environment.
- MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Computational Linguistics, Artificial Intelligence, Operations Research, Mathematics or related fields.
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest shopping experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking why not, looking where no ones looked before & bringing it! Our engineers are utilizing world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise & delight all while saving customers every penny possible & were just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning & sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is changing the shopping norm & learning a lot along the way, we have a hunch youd look good in purple.
See what weve been up to
"A New & Improved Saving Experience" // by Jessica Anerella, Product Design at Jet.com