As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays
Visa Cloud Packaging Team is looking for a UI Engineer to join our team. We believe that great design has the ability to engage & inspire users & we strive to rethink & redefine how users interact with our applications & products. All of our team members are strategic thinkers & conceptual problem solvers who make every UX decision an informed one. We value hard work, accountability & collaboration & look for proven skills over big egos. Our team excels in working together & recognizing individual strengths, & values each contributor as a key factor in successfully delivering a project. If you understand Yes, and over No this is the team for you.
In this role, you will work closely with software engineers & product owners to build pixel perfect layouts, user interface components, & single page applications for a variety of websites & applications. You will work on a very agile team with constant context shift between projects.
- Analyze existing software for usability & accessibility issues & provide recommendations for improvement
- Work with a diverse team of product owners, UX designers, & developers in a fast paced environment, with quick iterative cycles
- Keep up to date with the latest trends in web engineering & introduce them into projects when appropriate
- Evangelizing UI/UX front-end best practices & accessibility for web
- Fielding inquiries & requests for support from stakeholders
- 3-5 years of work experience & a Bachelor's Degree, or 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters)
- Experience implementing pixel perfect layouts & UI components using Angular or React
- Experience building Single Page Applications that consume REST services
- Experience with one server-side web application framework & language like Angular, JS/NodeJS, etc.
- Understanding of UX & the design techniques & principals involved in the production of conceptual prototypes, wireframes, & HTML Prototypes
- Verbal & written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service & interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently & manage one's time
- Web Standards & Accessibility Best Practices
- Ability to analyze written requirements & visually conceptualize the user interface & application flows
- Responsive Design Principles
Incumbent is expected to work during core business hours
Incumbent will be expected to travel less than 5%
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.