At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), were unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 of U.S. teachers come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, & rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into an education powerhouse where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, & parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. If you havent heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just talk to a teacher about us. Or try thisrecent articlein Forbes.
As a Sr. Machine Learning Engineer at TpT you will be working with data scientists, data engineers, software engineers, & our product team to create production data products, including categorization, prediction, & recommender systems. Youll be fitting models, designing, building & scaling services, & building tools to ensure quality & a great experience for our users.
Qualities for a successful candidate
- Strong experience with development of predictive models in production in industry, ideally in Python.
- Experience with building, scaling, & monitoring resilient software systems.
- Comfortable with both research & back-end software development in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong statistics & mathematics background, including linear algebra.
- Enjoys working collaboratively with peer engineering teams.
- Mentors teammates & teaches what youve learned.
- At least four years of data science/machine learning experience in industry.
Extra Points for
- Experience with Ed-Tech & on-line marketplaces.
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes, Spark, or AWS at scale.
- Experience with R, including Shiny applications.
- Experience with search systems & information retrieval.
- Experience with Natural Language Processing.
- Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or equivalent experience.
- Open Source or professional community contributions.