Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where & Why
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Workplace Operations Lead in Atlanta to join the Real Estate & Workplace team. This individual will be in a hands-on role leading office operations. Were looking for a smart, motivated & experienced lead who will deliver a best-in-class workplace environment & customer service to our Twilions.
As Workplace Operations Lead, you will:
- Be the first point of contact for Twilions working in & visiting the Atlanta office
- Lead workplace & building operations, including maintenance & vendor management
- Manage the quality of the service we provide, coordinating workplace operations including: food service, reception, maintenance, shipping, janitorial, employee experience & event set-up
- Work with property management to ensure building operations support our employee & office needs
- Conduct regular audits to ensure the workspace is properly maintained & meets company & departmental standards, as well as all safety & sustainability guidelines
- Create purchase orders & track spend, identifying efficiencies & cost saving opportunities
- Respond quickly to operational & emergency situations, providing technical guidance & direction during real-time situation/problem management
- Communicate & act in a consulting capacity with design & construction projects
- Effectively communicate with all Twilions: Employees, stakeholders, peers, business partners, leadership team
- Participate in regional & global team meetings & contribute to our global Operations strategy & planning
- Support local, regional & global initiatives in line with departmental & company priorities
The Workplace Operations Lead must be an agile & flexible problem solver with proven ability to demonstrate strategic thinking in a fast-paced, high growth environment. This individual must have an in-depth understanding of operational efficiency, including proactive & preventative measures. They will work closely with building management, peers around the globe, team leadership, & other departments at Twilio to manage & improve the workplace environment.
- 3+ years of workplace management/coordination experience
- Passion for delivering best-in-class customer service & delivering an exceptional workplace experience every single day
- Ability to understand, analyze & solve complex problems
- Experience creating & documenting scalable operations processes
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills & high emotional intelligence
- Creative problem solver who thinks outside the box & can develop innovative solutions
- Proficiency in working with ambiguous requirements & taking smart risks
- Skillful time management & prioritization
- Proven track record of successful vendor management
- Working knowledge of building management systems
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs
The Corporate Development team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership & product teams to guide company strategy. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating, & executing M&A transactions that drive inorganic growth & have a significant impact on the overall direction of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 3280 Peachtree Road NE in the Buckhead district. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, ergonomic desks, massages, monthly All Hands & more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, & can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.