BuzzFeed is looking for an idea person to support BuzzFeed's Partner Innovation team.
You read that right. An idea person. You will lead in the ideation & creation of first-to-market marketing proposals for BuzzFeeds partner brands, drawing on the numerous disciplines within BuzzFeeds Commerce division including Affiliate, Experiential, Licensing, Innovation, Operations, & Design to develop & pitch 360 campaign-level concepts that go from inspiration to point of sale.
This position is based in our New York office, reporting directly to our Head of Partner Innovation. We offer competitive compensation & a stock option program.
Develop Marketing Solutions beyond Media
- Concept never-been-tried before, out of the box, & first-to-market concepts to help BuzzFeeds brand-partners break through the clutter, connecting with millennial audiences well beyond BuzzFeed.
- Collaborate & ideate with the Head of Partner Innovation in the creation of proactive & strategic new proposals for potential partners.
- Partner with sales in client meetings in selling through BuzzFeed Partner Innovation solutions & strategy.
- Ensure feasibility of execution by vetting proper approvals through appropriate internal teams.
- Serve as the clients primary point of contact for the execution of the program.
- Coordinate & take an active role in meetings with internal partners & external clients.
- Develop materials (decks) to pitch ideas & present to internal & external stakeholders.
- Minimum 5 years experience working in a creative at either an brand/creative agency or product company.
- Demonstrate a high level of creativity, willingness to experiment, & track record of ideas that win.
- Display a high level of entrepreneurial spirit, understanding business objectives, & models enough to help uncover opportunities.
- Must be self-motivated, driven & able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Communicates clearly & effectively through verbal, written, & non-verbal methods.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Keynote, & Google Docs. Optional: Photo editing software of some sort.
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment & celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for growth & development via work experience & offerings from our in-house Learning Team
Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, & more
An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world & more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, & more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, & hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, youll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools & create content that helps connect people all over the world.