Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were building a better way to get home & our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, were making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, weve helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees & days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank & others have invested over $85MM in Better & our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a driven Ops/Infrastructure Engineer to work directly with our Head of Platform Engineering. This individual will help to ensure we maintain security best practices by designing, implementing & supporting solutions driven by our business needs. The ideal candidate takes pride in their work & thrives in a collaborative environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting our Cloud infrastructure to improve reliability, availability & security (AWS is our primary provider).
- Administering, maintaining & supporting applications & infrastructure deployed across our microservices architecture.
- Performing a wide variety of software/hardware configuration & maintenance, as well as operational support tasks for our backend systems (AWS Infrastructure, Relational Databases, Kubernetes clusters, etc).
- Collaborating with other engineers to analyze & tune performance of our infrastructure across multiple offices.
- Assisting with 24/7 monitoring of environments to ensure SLA uptime/stability, including rotational coverage for various after-hours deployments/maintenance windows.
- You have 5+ years of infrastructure engineering experience in a cloud environment
- You are well versed with Configuration Management tools, such as Terraform (preferred), Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or Salt.
- You have extensive experience scripting with automation tools, such as Shell, Python, and/or Perl.
- You have hands-on experience with containerization platforms, particularly Kubernetes & Docker.
- You are familiar with production system basics, including network management, DNS, credential management, logging, cron, process management, & package management.
- You have a grasp of network fundamentals, such as WAN, peering & IPSec tunnels.
- You can be trusted to diagnose & triage across multi layered stacks (AWS/Kubernetes/Application).
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.