Data Scientist- Spanish Language
Humanizing Digital Experiences
Kasistos Digital Experience Platform, KAI, is designed for financial institutions to deliver the industrys most amazing Conversational AI powered intelligent virtual assistants to their customers. KAI is open & extensible, & also fluent in the language of banking & finance. From simple retail transactions to the complex demands of corporate banks & wealth management, financial institutions can deliver meaningful digital interactions with KAI that help build their digital brand.
Financial institutions around the world use KAI, including DBS Bank, J.P. Morgan, Absa, Standard Chartered, TD Bank, & Manulife Bank among others. They chose KAI for its proven track record to drive business results while improving customer experiences. The platform is used by millions of consumers around the world, all the time, across multiple channels, in different languages, & is optimized for performance, scalability, security, & compliance.
We are looking to hire a data scientist with native or near-native fluency in Spanish to help develop a Spanish language version of our conversational AI application in the consumer banking domain. An ideal candidate will have a strong background in Linguistics & data science / statistics as well as some programming experience. Familiarity with Natural Language Processing (NLP) concepts & tools is a plus.
Working on a cutting-edge technology platform, this position will require a high degree of thought & creativity. The applicant should have the ability to work both independently & collaboratively within a multicultural, creative, & deadline-driven team environment. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to grow professionally within a fast-moving tech startup.
What you will be doing
- Working together with software developers, QA engineers, NLP engineers, project managers, & product owners to develop a Spanish language conversational AI application for the consumer banking domain
- Translating linguistic data (utterances used for model training & system responses) from English into Spanish, both manually & using machine translation software
- Developing linguistic resources (normalizers, grammars, entity lists, etc.) required for localization of the conversational AI application to Spanish
- Using a robust Natural Language Understanding (NLU) pipeline to train Spanish models for intent classification & slot filling
- Conducting experiments to evaluate NLU performance & creating test of functional completeness for the conversational AI application
- Preparing annotation guidelines for Spanish language utterances from a conversation AI application
What you need for this position
- Native or near-native fluency in Spanish
- Educational background in Linguistics, Data Science, Computational Linguistics, or similar field
- Strong communication & documentation skills
- 1+ years experience programming in Python or Java is preferred
- Experience with natural language / speech processing, machine learning, artificial intelligence, or conversational agents a plus
Location New York City, Flatiron District
This position is a contractor position with a 6-month term. Options for extending the position will be considered based on job performance & business demands.
We welcome your cover letter with a description of your previous experience & your resume. Applicants must be authorized to work in the US as we are unable to sponsor. Kasisto is an equal opportunity employer.