Who are we?
Vestwell provides every employee in America with access to a retirement account by removing the friction points financial advisors & companies have in establishing & maintaining defined contribution & benefit programs. We look out for everyones best interest, including financial advisors, companies & employees.
Vestwell is at the forefront of a wave of change in a $11 trillion 401(k) market; creating a new platform that lowers fees & ensures that individuals retire wealthier. Weve raised some money from great investors in the Fintech & Finserv world to achieve this goal & are already getting a great response from customers.
Who are we looking for?
Vestwell is expanding & were excited about adding a Plan Compliance Specialist to our client-facing team who is passionate about our mission to change the retirement FinTech space. At a high level, were looking for someone to lead our effort to administer retirement plans to the Vestwell platform. Ideally, you have spent 3-8 years working with advisors, sponsors, recordkeepers and/or TPAs running plan designs, annual reviews & administering the 5500 process.
What will you be doing at Vestwell?
A key component of Vestwells mission to empower retirement savings includes bundled fiduciary services & oversight. As a Plan Compliance Specialist you will assist advisors & sponsors with their plan design & compliance reviews in additional to regular monitoring our plans to ensure they are being administered correctly.
Day-to-day you will also be expected to:
- ERISA subject matter expertise - the Plan Compliance Specialist will need to take a leadership role in overseeing the delivery of required plan notices, fee disclosures, benefits administration issues, & assume general oversight responsibility for our third party service providers performing compliance testing, Form 5500 preparation, & other plan-related activities.
- Strong communicator who can coordinate & follow up on the steps to implement new & existing plans onto our technology platform with financial advisors, plan sponsors, prior record keepers, and/or third party administrators.
- Keen attention to detail, deadlines, & customer service needs - the Plan Compliance Specialist will need to collaborate with internal stakeholders & with clients to clearly communicate the timing & other requirements of all deliverables.
- Self-starter, proactive leader who will manage the retirement plan design process to make sure plan features are in line with the sponsor's expectations & other requirements.
- Team player who will support internal product development to constantly improve & innovate our technology platform.