Away is looking for an People Ops Business Partner to support our dynamic & rapidly growing Retail teams globally. As the first role of its kind, were looking for someone that is excited by the opportunity to design scalable infrastructure from the ground up in our Retail space. The HRBP will partner closely with our Retail Operations & Expansion teams to design & execute a people strategy that aligns closely with HQ while supporting Aways customer-obsessed approach.
Ideal candidates are motivated by creating systems & processes that enable others to seamlessly do their best work & find high value in the power of collaboration. Were looking for people who have a deep understanding of a people operations function & are excited to apply their knowledge across a high growth area of the business. Success in this role will require curiosity along with a future-facing & solution oriented mentality.
You will report to the Senior People Operations Manager & work out of our HQ office in Soho, NY. Youll travel frequently to our retail stores.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for the position.
Some of what you'll do:
- Implement processes & policies to retail team members, & collaborate with leaders in our Retail space to ensure consistency across the Away team
- Design & rollout retail specific processes & policies as needed to ensure our retail teams can deeply understand expectations, how were measuring performance & how theyll be recognized for great work
- Develop & facilitate a performance management program in the Retail space
- Independently handle employee relations issues quickly & sensitively while exercising discretion, using judgement to know when to escalate
- Strong written & oral communication skills with ability to present information, influence decisions; negotiate, & coach
- Support hiring initiatives, as needed, within the Retail space, inclusive of onboarding & off boarding
- Work with retail leadership & leaders across the company to ensure retail teams have visibility into our strategy & vision, launches, celebrations & more
Who you are:
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of three to five years of work experience working as an HR/People Operations Business Partner or in a People Operations role
- Ideal candidate has worked with retail teams
- Solution-seeker that displays outstanding judgment, critical thinking & project management skills
- Strong client-service orientation, relationship-building skills & communication skills; proven experience building long term, productive relationships with people from diverse backgrounds & at all levels of the organization
- Capacity to thrive in a high-growth, fast-paced organization as both a solo producer & an eager collaborator.
- Strong organizational skills, high level of efficiency, & ability to manage operations with precision & consistent follow through
- Sound knowledge, understanding & practical application of employment law & HR practices
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies for the second consecutive year, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIns Top Startups, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.
Were building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!