Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
The Creative Marketing Team uses emotion, energy, humor & creative best practices to tell the BARK story in communications & persuade folks to get BARK products. For both existing subscribers & potential prospects, every ad & email we make aims to not only convert dog parents, but also entertain them -- & maybe make them fall in love, just a little (Ok, not a little a lot - go big or go home). We aim to illustrate the BARK experience, showing that when it comes to making dogs happy, were the most qualified! That means we're a group of kind, collaborative, & creative weirdos. If being fun & weird about dogs sounds like you, come join us!
WHO WERE SNIFFIN FOR:
Bark is looking for an experienced Creative Director to lead our team to develop & deploy new campaigns & copy for our overarching BARK Brand & Barkbox product campaigns. Come shape the brand & invent new ways to introduce BarkBox to the world & drive our mission to make all dogs happier. Your job will be to translate the amazing quality & storytelling of our products into breakthrough communications. The right candidate will be an excellent communicator, comfortable in a constantly pivoting environment, & passionate about building the ultimate dog brand.
- Lead the creation of world-class ideas & ad creative for BarkBox & potentially BARK brand.
- Oversee copywriting & design that spans all customer touchpoints (video, paid & organic social, banners, email, homepage).
- Refine & oversee creative development process in collaboration with product managers & channel (media, email, website) leads.
- Maintain quality control of very high volume of conversion-driving assets.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to plan, concept, & and execute on creative deliverables.
- Use ad performance data to test & iterate constantly.
- Develop, pitch & execute new campaign ideas in new channels.
- Provide critical creative feedback to help shape best-in-class work.
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop communication & creative workflow processes.
- Manage & mentor the growth of the team in terms of skill sets & career paths.
- 10+ years of creative experience with a minimum 5+ years of managerial experience in an ad agency or DTC brand, overseeing both copy & design.
- Experience working on creative for digital channels (email, digital paid advertising, in-app, landing pages) & against both brand & performance objectives.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- World class sense of humor.
- Powerful collaboration & leadership skills.
- Outstanding portfolio demonstrating best-in-class advertising work.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, manage time in an efficient way, & effectively implement creative feedback to designers & writers.
- Take direction from non-creative stakeholders & translate their business needs into creative that effectively motivates our audiences across a variety of channels.
- Understanding of or willingness to become an expert in dog culture
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, NY. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Please Note: BARK requires all employees or guests entering our space to provide proof of up to date covid-19 vaccinations. Exemption and/or accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
FOR CO/NJ/NY BASED APPLICANTS:
- The base salary range for this position is $157,000- $190,000
- This position is eligible for equity
**This compensation range is based on BARKs good faith estimate as of the date of this posting & may be modified in the future. Actual pay for this position will depend on a variety of variables including location, travel, internal equity, experience, education, skills & expertise.