Purpose builds & supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, & habitable world. We use public mobilization & storytelling to help leading organizations, activists, businesses, & philanthropies engaged in this fight, & we create campaigning labs & new initiatives that can shift policies & change public narratives when it matters most.
To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organizing, & political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart strategy & powered by participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, & ultimately drives targeted action & creates lasting impact. Join the team that made all this work!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an integral part of the Partnerships team at Purpose, the Labs Partnerships Manager is critical in ensuring the success of the fundraising & relationship management efforts of our Labs. This person will seek to build meaningful partnerships that create positive, tangible social & political impact in the world & create solutions to the complex global challenges that we face.
Your day-to-day will be working closely with our Campaigns, Partnerships & Leadership teams to develop proposals (including materials such as briefs, decks, & pitches) for potential labs with prospective clients & partners, including NGOs, progressive companies, foundations, & individuals working on these global challenges (such as climate change, global health, modern slavery, education, civil rights, etc.) The role will also work closely with Heads of Labs, Chief of Staff & Associate Director of Strategy.
This is a full-time role based in our New York office & reports to the Head of Partnerships, with a dotted management line to the Head of Labs.
Proposal Development & Deliverable Creation:
- Develop and/or delegate responsibilities to create the necessary deliverables for the pitch process to prospective clients from initial emails & memorandums outlining potential collaborative efforts, to Purpose credential decks, proposals elaborating our vision for potential engagements, detailed scopes of work/contracts, & pitch decks for client presentations
- Research current programs & initiatives of prospective clients to identify possible areas for collaboration/partnership
- Project manage & delegate responsibilities across business development teams to develop the campaigns or creative strategy for engagements with prospective clients (including convening brainstorms, setting up scoping sessions, etc.)
- Project manage the development of scopes of work & budget development for new Labs & related projects with support form Labs team members & project managers
- Write formal contracts from proposals or pitches by developing a statement of work & sharing terms & conditions
Internal Process Management:
- Work closely with the Head of Labs & Directors of each Lab to design partnerships strategy & plan
- Work closely with the Head of Partnerships & Partnerships team with the aim of delivering great work & training others at Purpose in Labs methodology
- Track & report on new business pipeline against goals & implementation of strategy & plan
- Liaise with the staffing team regarding upcoming resource needs
- Build pitch teams: work with the Strategy, Creative, & Tech teams to ensure each new opportunity has an owner & that no opportunity falls through the cracks
- Track & coordinate ongoing conversations with prospective funders
- Own Salesforce (CRM management) customize the platform as needed; log accounts, contacts, new opportunities, & conversations
- Own the Partnerships team materials ensuring organized folders, consistency, & that all important documents are logged & filed
- Support in developing & overseeing any Purpose mass communication as needed (e.g., email newsletters, marketing emails, social media, etc.)
- Research, identify & qualify prospective partners, funders & clients
- Prepare briefing & meeting materials for new prospective client meetings
- Serve as trusted point of contact for prospects & new clients
- You have 5 - 8 years of full-time, working experience (relevant fields might include management consulting, business development, strategic partnerships, nonprofit development, or philanthropy)
- Bonus: You have a background, advanced degrees, or networks in the social good & social impact fields e.g. human rights, international development, climate change, civil liberties, etc.
- You are an excellent writer with experience in grant & proposal writing, are able to synthesize complex ideas, communicate clearly & succinctly & get people excited about campaign concepts for social impact
- You have experience & skills in client-facing roles
- You have project management experience
- You have a rich & diverse research background & a strong skill set in the kinds of complex global issues that Purpose tackles (be prepared to provide examples of relevant research experience)
- You have superior attention to detail & organizational capabilities & are able to manage multiple priorities at the same time
- You have strong interpersonal skills & a very high EQ
- You are able to remain upbeat, calm, & strategic under high-pressure and/or challenging scenarios that require nimble thinking & problem-solving.
- You care deeply about the world & are dedicated to making a positive impact
- You are curious & committed to learning & thriving in a fast-paced growth-stage company environment
- You are an exceptional writer, & experienced using Powerpoint & Salesforce
- You are excited to support global teams & work with people from diverse backgrounds
- You are dedicated to building a diverse, equitable & inclusive work environment
If these are the things that get you up in the morning, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume & a cover letter that gives us insight into your passion & qualifications for the role.
Purpose is an equal opportunity employer. Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities & backgrounds in different ways. We believe we are stronger & most effective with a diverse team leading the charge. People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals & people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.